Passed another kidney stone

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 10/28/11 10:18 am - OH
Second one in 3 months.  Same deal as before... excruciating pain (that started out mild and escalated to the kind that makes you cry within a half hour), queasy (from the pain, I think), whole body shaking, numb and ashen colored hands...

This time I mentioned that I cannot take Toradol before they could bring it up.  Fortunately, the stone was already close to the bladder by the time they did the CT and it did not take too long to pass it after that.  I was pretty sore the following day but feel fine now (other than being tired).  The other kidney (which the stone came from in August) is still free from stones, so that's good, but I still have one in the left kidney though.  Hopefully it will stay put.

The people at work are a little put out because I was off work for two days because of it (after just coming back a couple of weeks ago from 8 weeks of medical leave because of the belly pain surgery)... but it's not like I could just "suck it up" and work through that kind of pain!  So I just left a  copy of the ER discharge sheet on the one manager's desk (in case they were giving me a hard time because they thought I was lying about it or something) today and no one has said anything about it since!

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Eliza55
on 10/28/11 10:46 am - PA
Lora

Kidney stones are no fun.  I'm glad that you're better now.  As you say, hopefully the other stone will stay put!

Take Care
Eliza
Consult:239   SW:217  1mo:195  2mo:182  3mo:169   6mo:139  9mo GOAL CW: +2 from underweight

Siui80
on 10/28/11 12:13 pm
 Forget about those at work and just focus on getting back on your feet you poor thing. You really have not had it easy. Hope that's the last of it for you x
lilbear412
on 10/28/11 12:46 pm - MN
 Yep its been one thing after another with you so hope this is it for a long long time.  Kidney stones are not fun.  i had a load of them in my left kidney..big ones from years of not using that kidney right.  I had a vein wrapped around my ureter near my kidney so my kidney wasn't working right.  was told it was probably something i was born with.  They took like 3 very large stones out and caterized the vein.  No more problems and i go to the bathroom lots more often now.  12 inch scar on my left side.  But they told me i had a kidney stone in my right kidney but the way it was positioned it might never come out.  Hope thats true.  Keep drinking your water and  hopefully you will be ok after this. 
take care..

Laurie says:  Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind  ~~~ dr. suess

Zeigled
on 10/28/11 12:48 pm - Parkton, MD
Crap...when will it end.  So sorry you're having trouble again.
HW 357 SW 341   

Cleopatra_Nik
on 10/28/11 12:59 pm - Baltimore, MD
So sorry to hear about that Lora. I hope you feel better soon.
SweetGirl11
on 10/28/11 5:50 pm

((((LORA)))))

I'm so sorry you had to deal with pain again, but I am glad you passed the stone and it didn't get "stuck".  Hoping you have pain-free days ahead!!!

Michelle    (OH member since 2004 - new user name)

HW 285 / SW 270 / GW 140 / LW 135 / CW 185

RNY 6/8/2009  
Starting size 26/28, now size 12/14

"Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever."  -Hebrews 13:8

aliassweets
on 10/30/11 12:39 am
Feel better they are no fun.
Firefly48
on 10/30/11 4:07 am
I had two trips to the emergency room last week and out of work for four days and the stone did pass....I am just under 7 mo post-op....the pain is worse than childbirth and I had a very difficult delivery....hang in there....hopefully for both of us it will not happen again!

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 339 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 373 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 338 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 253 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 9 replies · 53 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?