Six months and 92 pounds down! Before and now pics

bittybabynurse
on 1/1/12 1:05 am - MN
I can't believe its been 6 months since my surgery. Six great months where I feel like I finally found myself again. I have a newfound sense of life. I enjoy so much  more than I did before. I'm learning a lot about myself, my attitudes, my abilities and my demons. I know that this is a second chance and I refuse to waste it. I can see that I have a lot of work to do beating my food demons but I don't ever want to go back to feeling the way I did when I was so obese. Sometimes I have the body image issues but I have a feeling most of us will always struggle with those.

I'm not sure how to handle comments or compliments. People at work are constantly telling me I'm getting "so skinny" or tell me I look like I'm "disappearing". I don't quite know how to feel about it. Maybe I'm just not used to the attention. I only work part time and we all rotate schedules so I sometimes go weeks in between seeing some coworkers so I tend to get the comments everytime I go in. I switched to 12 hour night shifts and found that I love it. It lets me work only 2 days a week. I'm learning how to deal with eating when my schedule gets tossed upside down when I do work. Zofran was my best friend while I was getting used to it and I still need it from time to time. 

I'm so grateful to be part of this community. I've been super busy with school and will be getting my bachelors degree in a few months so I haven't been on much. I know that I can always find support and encouragement (and hopefully give a little of it too)  when I do make it on. HAPPY NEW YEARS MY OH FRIENDS!!

I started at 265 preop and am now at 173.  I started at size 22/24 and 2xl. Now my size 12 jeans are falling off, but I'm waiting until I can fit into 8's nicely - now med or lg shirts. I started at 2xl scrubs and now wear medium pants and large tops!!

This was me at my highest - at my dad's funeral November of 2010. I was arround 272-275...

Christmas 2011 at 175!

Last night after we built our pantry/food storage room in our basement.
My husband loves taking pictures of me and I finally love having pictures taken.

Highest  272 Consult 265 Goal 165 Current 158    

Pregnancy%20ticker
Make a pregnancy ticker]
RedheadinVA
on 1/1/12 1:13 am
You look wonderful!  It IS weird receiving comments that are positive about our weight lose because we have never heard positive ones about our appearance.  But, you will get used to it.. I promise!

dasie
on 1/1/12 1:17 am
You are making PHENOMENAL progress.  Congrats on your great success.  You look amazing.

(deactivated member)
on 1/1/12 2:08 am
 You look great. Congratulations on such success. 
debgore
on 1/1/12 2:21 am
Congratulations!! You look marvelous darling.

Take Care,

Deb

(deactivated member)
on 1/1/12 3:33 am
 You look terrific!!    Congratulations!
Sheri W.
on 1/1/12 3:40 am - Kansas City, MO
You look much happier and radiant. Thanks for sharing your story & pics, they are an inspiration.
fickleme
on 1/1/12 6:58 am - Bessemer City, NC
 You look great... You are doing an awesome job... Keep it up :)
Cherylkas
on 1/1/12 7:04 am - PA
 You look amazing! Congrats on the awesome loss so far!
 Come visit me on my bloghttp://apeekintomytreehouse.com/ 

Start weight 282, Surgery weight 265, Current weight 131, Goal weight 140 

A woman is like a tea bag - you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water.  Eleanor Roosevelt

Liz J.
on 1/1/12 7:27 am - Woonsocket, RI
Most Active
Recent Topics