Citracal Calcium Citrate with Vitamin D Maximum, Coated Caplets

volky64
on 1/3/12 2:48 am
Can we take these???  I'm having a heck of a time with the calcium.  I tried the CitraCal D powder, but for some reason, I avoid it.  The thought of all the chews are overwhelming to me, even though I did just request a   sample to try them.  But I saw these on amazon and they have:    see below.  will these work for us??  thanking you in advance!!

Liz J.
on 1/3/12 2:53 am - Woonsocket, RI
This is the calcium I chose (and bought). BUT!! These suckers are HUGE! You need to take 6 a day (2 3x a day). I ordered Upcal from Amazon and am waiting for it to come in the mail after all the holidays. Good luck! Im a pretty good pill taker too..
Jameen G.
on 1/3/12 2:55 am - NC
I can only speak for myself ... I am 4.5 months out and the calcium chews really got on my nerves and was making me nauseous ... too many flavors going in my mouth back then.  I changed to Citracal petites and have been using them ever since.  I also take a Vit D supplement.  I take 8 Citracal petites a day ... but for me it beats the chews. 

Check with your surgeons office ...

The best to you on your journey ... once you get the hang of everything ... it is wonderful!

jameen (take a minute to smile ...)

volky64
on 1/3/12 2:59 am
that's what i'm afraid of.  if i have to take like 6 pills a day, i know i won't do it :(

is there any easier way??????

I went to the B12 shot once a month because i kept forgetting to take it.  ugh.
poet_kelly
on 1/3/12 5:48 am - OH
Have you tried the yummy chews from Bariatric Advantage or Calcet?  It's like eating a piece of candy. 

You might find it works best for you to do a variety of different kinds of calcium.  I use the Upcal D once or twice a day, then use the yummy chewables ones once or twice a day.  You could also take the pills once a day.  Maybe put the Upcal D in your morning coffee or protein shake, then take two pills at lunch and eat a yummy chewy one after dinner, like dessert.

There's not a real easy way to get the calcium.  No once a month shot, or even once a day.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

volky64
on 1/3/12 5:52 am
thanks kelly! that's a good idea, to try to use different methods. i know i need to do it, and its been bugging me that i haven't found anything that works for me. i'll try your suggestion. i did request a sample for bariatric advantage for the chews, so maybe they'll be good.
do you have any recommendations for flavors?   wish they had a variety pack. lol
poet_kelly
on 1/3/12 5:57 am - OH
The only one I've tried is the caramel.  I like it a lot.  It reminds me of that Bit o' Honey candy.  Remember that?  They are kinda hard and stick to your teeth a bit.  Like, you know, caramel candy.

I've been told the chocolate tastes like a Tootsie Roll and the lemon and raspberry taste like Starburst.  I'm not a big fun of either of those things.

I really like the Calcet creamy bites, though.  Their chocolate I like in the freezer.  Tastes like a frozen candy bar.  And the lemon tastes like cake.

A variety pack would be nice.  Neither BA nor Calcet is available in a variety pack.  I bet they'd get more orders if they were.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

volky64
on 1/3/12 3:07 am
maybe it was upcal d i tried. i  don't remember the name,  i just know you mixed it in something 3x a day. 
Bralen
on 1/3/12 5:53 am
I have to take a mix of Calcium throughout the day. I take a liquid in the morning, 2 caplets at noon and a lozenge at night.
Start weight 263     Surgery weight 247  
Most Active
Recent Topics