un-stuck try this

westwoodbob
on 2/3/12 12:42 pm - Olympia, WA
I posted earlier today thinking I had a stricture. I now realize what I was experiencing being stuck. I called my surgon and was getting ready to  drive 75 miles to Seattle. He suggested that I try meat tendorizer. I did and it had to be the worst tasting thing in the world but it worked. Within 10 minutes I was vomiting up whatever was sticking. I feel it was probably from ham which I did not chew,

Note to self : small bits and chew, chew and chew.

Thanks everyone for your resonses.

Chilipepper
on 2/3/12 12:47 pm
Papaya Enzyme as the very last resort.  That is what is used to break down proteins(meat tenderizer) so just imagine what is would do to your insides over a long period of time.  I am glad he told you to take it...but your NOTE TO SELF  is good advice...before you swallow...chew it a few more times...glad your doing better!

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

flyingwoman
on 2/3/12 1:47 pm
Sometimes when stuck, I dream of inventing an RNY plunger, that can be put over the mouth! I mean, I am becoming an expert in using the one I have for the toilet since the surgery. :P
missjann
on 2/3/12 4:41 pm
My surgeon suggested a small sip of Coke....tasted lots better and
worked like a charm for me. I'm not sure if one works better or
faster than the other though. Also, sip is the magic word...more
than a tiny sip or 2 of Coke would cause other problems with
the sugar and all.  Glad it worked out for you!
    Jan

Carla M.
on 2/3/12 11:53 pm
RNY on 02/21/11 with
My mom keeps a can of caff free diet coke for this very reason. It's been handy on a few occasions with me. If it can eat through rust, calcium deposits, etc..it can break down some stuck food.  

MichelleNC
on 2/3/12 7:36 pm
What is a meat tenderizer?

Michelle
Did the happy dance onto the Loser's Bench March 18, 2013!

Visit my blog at http://skinnyundermyfat.blogspot.com/

westwoodbob
on 2/3/12 8:56 pm - Olympia, WA
It is a product you can buy at any store. You put it on meat to make it more tender. It is a very consecrated for of enzymes.
MichelleNC
on 2/3/12 10:18 pm
 LMBO I said to my husband what on earth would that metal thing my mom beats the meat with do to get food unstuck INSIDE you......if you could have seen the images in my head haha. Obviously I am not a big meat eater I had no idea they made stuff like that. Thanks for the heads up!

Michelle
Did the happy dance onto the Loser's Bench March 18, 2013!

Visit my blog at http://skinnyundermyfat.blogspot.com/

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 339 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 373 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 337 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 249 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 104 views