17 days out breakfast

huracaneal
on 2/16/12 4:23 pm - United Kingdom
hi there 17 days out now,surgery date 1/31/12 roux-en-y, and on purred but what does everyone eat for breakfast after 2 weeks of liquids now need to get some proteins in.i want to do more walking and exercise and get more water down me as only doing 1.5 litres at the moment

JJ_
on 2/16/12 4:44 pm
I loved greek yogurt with SF jam added to it.  The greek yogurt is high in protein. Cottage cheese was good too.

jennifer W.
on 2/16/12 9:36 pm
Protein shakes. My favorite- 1 scoop vanilla protein, 4oz water 4oz skim milk and 2-3 frozen strawberries. Then blend. Nom nom.
I don't know if you can eat soft scrambled eggs. Just add a little milk to Your eggs.
 HW: 365  SW: 342  CW: 182

Inch by Inch's Life's a Cinch, Yard by Yard, Life's Hard - Dr.
Madden
seashell6417
on 2/16/12 9:37 pm - Gaylord, MN
During pureed stage I cooked some ground turkey sausage and thinned it out in the food processor w/ some salsa.  I also scrambled eggs and pureed them w/ salsa.  I kept a container of each in the fridge and mixed a little egg puree with a little sausage puree, nuked it w/ some shredded cheese and then topped w/ hot sauce.  I also ate Greek yogurt w/ some Truvia and lemon extract or Greek yogurt w/ sugar free cheesecake pudding mix in it (tastes like the inside of a cheesecake).  Non-traditional breakfast foods can be eaten for breakfast, too.  Refried beans heated w/ cheese and topped w/ hot sauce or taco sauce and a bit of plain Greek yogurt (tastes like sour cream) is good.

Be aware that some people do not do well w/ scrambled eggs early out.  Sometimes egg whites go down easier.  I was fortunate that I was not one of those people, though.
Tami

huracaneal
on 2/16/12 10:27 pm - United Kingdom
well tried scrambled egg really soft this morning went down well
fish in cheese sauce for lunch with broccoli all blitz in the blender
i will just keep trying different thing and see how it goes

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 66 replies · 530 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 61 replies · 534 views
What's on your Monday Menu?