Goodwill!!!

Kallen27
on 3/11/12 10:25 pm
Since having surgery in Dec. and having to buy new clothes,  I have become addicted to Goodwill. I have found some great things at low low prices!!! I never shopped there before surgery and is wonder what I was thinking!!!  I am now going to continue to shop there for my son and myself!!!

jazzycatz
on 3/11/12 10:42 pm - Joppa, MD
Girl, Goodwill is the new Macy's.  LOL  It's amazing what you can find at thrift stores.  If you have a Disabled Veteran's Thrift store near you those can be great as well.  Usually they are huge and the prices are good. 

I also discovered consignment shops.  They are more expensive but I can get some items that there is no way I could afford to buy in the stores. 

MichelleNC
on 3/12/12 12:06 am
Someone found Uggs for 2.00 in Goodwill LOL I think I read that here and I have had my eyes out for a pair myself here.

Goodwill is great plus I like to check for furniture pieces I can rework too!
Happy Shopping!

Michelle
Did the happy dance onto the Loser's Bench March 18, 2013!

Visit my blog at http://skinnyundermyfat.blogspot.com/

owlisn
on 3/12/12 9:52 am - NC
 I'm only a few miles away from you.  Which shops have you gone to?
Allison

hedrider
on 3/12/12 12:26 am - Midlothian, TX
I buy 99% of my clothes at thrift stores - business clothes, casual clothes, almost everything except socks and underwear!!
Heather
Since 2008 my team has raised over $42,000 to fight breast cancer.

H.A.L.A B.
on 3/12/12 1:46 am
same here...
Check Ebay for shoes...

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

H.A.L.A B.
on 3/12/12 1:50 am
I get great deals for leather jackets on eBay.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Kallen27
on 3/12/12 1:58 am
Yes Happy Shopping Ladies!!! I will check out Ebay! Thanks!!!

rebeccaj
on 3/12/12 2:43 am - Bowling Green, KY
 I drive 40 miles to one north of Nashville because the level of organization they have, it is better than a department store!!  I came home with 3 HUGE bags of super nice brand named cloths and I spent 45 bucks!  So what I would have spent on one pair of new slacks I had bags full.  I was as giddy as a school girl!  I see a lot of GW shopping in my future.  I have already donated 8 full garbage bags of stuff that falls off of me, so I have to replace them with something ... right:)

stlfocus
on 3/12/12 3:25 am - IA
Goodwill is da bomb! I have bought so many things with the tags still on from Chicos, Kohls, Ralph Lauren, Coldwater Creek and on and on.  My best purchase was a brand new winter coat from Lands End for $5.38.

It takes a little time, but after awhile you develop a system.  I have learned to ignore sizes and just take anything that looks close in size.  Then when I have 30 or 40 items, I have a marathon trying on session.  I wear a size large and ended up with a sweater in a size small.  Personally I think the size was mismarked.  Had I just looked at the size on the tag, I would have passed this gem up.

It becomes an obsession after awhile.  For so many years, I had to buy whatever fit not necessarily what I liked.  I it tough to put back something that fits just because I don't like it.  Weird.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 470 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 429 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 361 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 445 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 361 views