I think its a stall

Natali1983
on 4/26/12 9:08 am - miramar, FL
RNY on 02/28/12
so for the first 7weeks i lost 50 lbs...now im about 2 mth postop n i havent budged not 1 lb for about 1 1/2weeks....is this normal around this time?
Natali

sprkl.plnty
on 4/26/12 9:11 am - WA
RNY on 01/13/12
Yes, and it's not really a stall, just your body making an adjustment to the whole surgery/sudden weight loss thing. You will begin to lose again if you just stick to your plan.
Sparkle Plenty        
Natali1983
on 4/26/12 9:47 am - miramar, FL
RNY on 02/28/12
thanks for the quick response...yea i figured it was gonna happen sooner or later..lol it was a lil discouraging n i kinda slacked off on the gym this week but fri, sat, n sun i will b heading my booty right back over there
Natali

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 4/26/12 10:00 am - OH
Not losing for only a week and a half is not a stall.  You may actually be continuing to lose but just not seeing it on the scale simply because you are retaining water!   You will probably find that going forward there will be many weeks where the scale doesn't move and then suddenly moves a large amount the next week.  

Now, when the scale doesn't move at all for 3 or 4 weeks, it's a stall.  There will probably be several of those along the way as well, and some stalls may last a couple of months.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

(deactivated member)
on 4/26/12 10:21 am - waukesha, WI
The clinical difinition of a stall according to the bariatric center that I go to is 8 weeks without weight loss or inches lost.  Unfortunately, I have had such a stall.  Your doing great.
Donna1234
on 4/27/12 5:44 am
i am in that 8 week stall.  what did you do about it?  i am getting so discouraged i am eating bad things again - no motivation at all!!  how did you get past it?
Natali1983
on 4/27/12 9:52 pm - miramar, FL
RNY on 02/28/12
WHAT I DID WAS TAKE MY SCALE OVER TO MY MOMS HOUSE..LOL IM NOT FOCUSING ON THE SCALE ANYMORE...I FEEL GREAT N MY CLOTHES TELL ME IM LOSING SO THATS GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME
Natali

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 328 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 365 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 326 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 322 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 15 replies · 119 views