my journey so far

brenlee1965
on 9/26/12 11:57 pm - New Berlin, NY
started this process at 357 lbs. Today I am at 307 lbs. I had my gallbladder out at the same time as the RNY. Two days in hospital and was home. Did great at the beginning, thanks to my recliner and Lortab. Then overdoing it on housework (cause I felt great) and the terrible left side pain and weird sharp pain in belly button. Doc said no idea about the belly button pain,but that I feel the deep sutures in my left side and have irritated the nerve along the scar....time and relaxing would help. It has helped. The belly button pain is gone. The side pain hurts if I do too much. I still cannot sleep in my bed (although, I keep trying) I am in the recliner. I have lost quite a bit of weight and no HBP meds or CPAP or anxiety meds or Acid reflux meds. I am taking my vitamin and sip, sip sipping. Although, I am struggling with that the past two days. Doc said I could try a straw, but if painful (stop immediately) I am to try different temperature fluids. My job for the next 2 weeks is to take small trips to get used to getting in & out of my car (cause it hurts my left side) and to sit up straight for one hr a day til I can increase it for longer (cause that's also caused me pain in left side and stomach and back). I am 100% glad that I had the surgery and I will keep on, keeping on. This is just another bump along the road and the pain will go away in time. I am upping my protein to try to heal quicker. I have been as active as I can be....walked very little the first 2 wks and then had to perform my sisters wedding and then went to NYC to an art show (tons of walking and steps there) was in horrific pain the next day; but I got my walking in. Best part is that my back didn't give out in 2 minutes after the start of the walk. Slept good that night (thank you to Lortab)anyway, to those wondering if they should do the surgery.....YES! It is your LIFE. Some things aren't easy, but you need to do for yourself.
 Bren                
Kim S.
on 9/27/12 12:03 am - Helena, AL

Keep trying to walk as much as possible.  It really does help with the healing and feeling better.  You are doing great!  I know right now you can't even imagine how incredible life is going to be once you get rid of that extra weight, but it will be amazing!

Keep sipping, walking and healing.  As you get better, add more core exercises to help with overall movement and it will also strengthen your back.

Keep us posted!

Bren0430
on 9/27/12 12:11 am - Canyon, TX
RNY on 05/11/12
 No BPmeds, no CPAP. I'd say you're doing great. The rest will come. The pain will be gone & you'll be healthy in no time. YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!!

SoCaPinkLady
on 9/27/12 12:36 am - CA
RNY on 06/11/12
Awesome job. Thanks for the update. It's good to hear from you!!!

Lori                               

Debbie C.
on 9/27/12 12:53 am - Bradford, MA
RNY on 10/10/12
Sounds like you are doing great!! Thank you for posting. I am on day 2 of my liquid diet. My surgery is on 10/10, so it really helps me to read posts like yours!!! Congratulations!!

Annie_Anaba
on 9/27/12 1:35 am
RNY on 08/27/12
You know at first I really regretted having the surgery and I was angry with myself and my surgeon. But as the days go on and I feel better (I am off my BP and Diabetes meds) I am getting used to the new me. I'm happy for you getting rid of your medical problems and I believe people when they say it gets much better. Congrats on the 50 pounds.

Kay L.
on 9/27/12 4:24 am - N., AL
It will get better and better every day! You're doing great. It's hard to find that fine line between "doing" and "over-doing." But just keep up that walking and before you know it, you'll be out-doing everybody!
Skinnygirlme
on 9/27/12 5:17 am - UT
RNY on 09/05/12
 Happy for you to be exPeriencing good things!!!
  I believe in me...the best is yet to be!                        
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 66 replies · 490 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 61 replies · 490 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 331 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 362 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 5 replies · 80 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?