"Uh Huh" Moment

Dolores L.
on 12/9/12 10:42 pm - FL
Revision on 08/14/12

For the past few weeks, I've been a bit down in the dumps. Holidays tend to be rough with family drama that I can't control, I get so busy at work during the winter and I haven't had time to lurk here for motivation and support. I've also had it in the back of my mind that I'm not as successful as I should be at this point in my weight loss. I needed to have a "moment" to think and reflect, and that moment happened this weekend... 

Part of what's hard for me is staying in the moment. I tend to look back and see that I have lost/gained/lost/gained a bunch of times before and I guess I've gotten a bit cynical about attaining and maintaining success. So I'm either in the past or in the future.

Right now, I'm down in Key West on a little vacation with the hubby and I had that much needed little moment; I realized we had rented a car to drive and it's remained parked for the entire weekend. We've walked everywhere! Miles and miles and (OMG) my knees don't hurt, my back doesn't hurt, my feet don't hurt and I FEEL GREAT! It felt good to be able to let go of those worries and just revel in the now and how wonderful it is to NOT HURT. That's a great motivator to keep me on my path.

artroxy blue
on 12/9/12 11:02 pm - MA
RNY on 08/14/12

Congrats!

pwoo10
on 12/9/12 11:27 pm - IN
RNY on 06/06/12

Great work.  It is hard to stay on track during the month of December.  We will get through this. 

Mal
on 12/10/12 12:29 am

That's such a fantastic wonderful moment!  Makes it all worth it! 

Hope you and your husband had a wonderful weekend!

Mallisa

Kim S.
on 12/10/12 12:48 am - Helena, AL

THAT is why we did this!  Congrats on realizing your success!

anewbeginning2012
on 12/10/12 1:29 am - IN
RNY on 10/01/12

Great!! I am so thrilled for you Dolores! I envy you being on such an awesome get a way too. Just enjoy the moment and you will remember how far you have come!

Kris        
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 66 replies · 489 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 61 replies · 489 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 329 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 359 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 5 replies · 79 views