Weight gain after WLS...really???

Jennifer B.
on 12/18/12 12:07 am
RNY on 12/04/12

This made me laugh so hard! Haha

pjw19_65
on 12/18/12 12:25 am

Lol...great idea I love it.  After all, what's the point of following the instructions if they don't even know what I'm following the instructions for.  My frustration is that they told me to watch for weight gain, I have and now...my PCP is not responding...just sitting back twiddling their thumbs waiting for something to happen before they try to respond and then their response will be to try to cover up their mess.   These guys truly sicken me.  I gotta find me another PCP.

Kim S.
on 12/18/12 12:35 am - Helena, AL

I would not recommend increasing the intensity of your workouts until you are cleared by a doctor.  HBP is a sign of distress.  You need to get to the root of the issue. 

And I agree with Dee-you are not consuming enough with that amount of exercise......your protein seems very low.  Are you doing shakes?  Maybe a couple more per day.

Either way, DO NOT TAKE CRAP FROM A DOCTOR.  If they will not/do not answer your questions, find a new doctor.  YOU have to be your own advocate.

I'm very proud of you for making exercise an important part of your journey.  Please keep us posted.

qnmimi
on 12/18/12 5:59 pm - Cottage Grove, MN

Did you know, your gut can hold 3 liters of fluid easily?  A few pounds of fluid distributed around your body may not be as noticable but your heart working harder to pump the extra fluids around your body would.  I can only guess the reasons for your blood pressure lowering with exercise, one of them could be the fluid loss by sweating, another is that exercise does help to release chemicals to relax your blood vessels ( which is a good sign) .  I agree with Kelly to lay off the salt, and make sure your fluid, and protein intake are sufficient.  You do need to have this addressed with a knowledgable physician sooner versus later, and perhaps the reason why you need diuretics is not just for blood pressure control.  Not all physicians have the same knowledge base, unfortunately......you need someone who will listen, and act on your concerns.  I was told by my surgeon that the diuretics can increase the likelyhood of dehydration in the immediate post op period...but at 6 weeks post op, you should be out of that danger if you are taking care of yourself.    Good luck to you, and hope you can get your needs addressed soon!

dfarmer1196
on 12/19/12 12:30 am
RNY on 10/16/12

Sometimes there is just a show of a weight gain.  It could be due to water retention or salt intake.  Just make sure that when you do weigh yourself it is at the same time every day.  I weigh myself in the morning before I eat anything.  I have not gained any weight but it is coming off very slowly.

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 339 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 373 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 336 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 249 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 104 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?