Wow that hurt!

daviswingard
on 1/9/13 1:40 am - Lexington, SC
RNY on 10/30/12

I've been eating clementines with no problem for several weeks now.  However, this morning I ate one and I got the worst pain in my belly!  It wasn't pouch pain, but an all over sharp pain in my abdomen.  It felt almost like the food was really irritating my intestinal track maybe.  I didn't feel nauseous or like I needed to pass gas or poop, I just felt this horrible pain.  It hurt for about 10 minutes then slowly eased off.  I haven't called my surgeon because the pain went away.  I'm guessing that I could have possibly eaten the clementine too quickly without chewing enough.  I have no idea, but WOW that HURT!

Dee.spunk
on 1/9/13 2:25 am - Sacramento, CA
Okay, just curious... What's a clementine?

Height:5'1.5 RNY:11/30/11 HW:307 SW:234 CW:136 GW:140 (LOST 73 Lbs. PRE-OP)

BWB
on 1/9/13 2:27 am

It is a small orange type fruit.

Kim S.
on 1/9/13 2:29 am - Helena, AL

I have been sucking those things down like candy!  (Dee, they are small, seedless very sweet variation of a mandarin orange)

It was likely exactly what you said....I've not chewed them well and had a bit of pain while it was "going down".....if the pain persists, call your doctor.

I LOVE CUTIES!!!

daviswingard
on 1/9/13 2:48 am - Lexington, SC
RNY on 10/30/12

Yup it was a cutie!  I've eaten a lot of them with no problem, but this time was BAD.  The pain subsided then came back so I called my doctor.  The nurse said if the pain got worse or wasn't gone by the morning time to call them back.  She offered to let me come in today if I really felt I needed to.  I'm going to wait it out a bit.  For now the pain has subsided again but my tummy keeps making lots of rumbling noises.  I guess my intestines are just working really hard to digest that darn thing.

dianabelle12
on 1/9/13 3:26 am

pbly was from not chewing them well enough if you didnt have a problem with them before

apurdie
on 1/9/13 10:23 am - CA

Maybe gas.  I love cuties too!

Ladyintheloop
on 1/9/13 11:55 am - TX
RNY on 07/08/13

A coworker of mine had a bypass 10 years ago and she says she can't tolerate the membrane of citrus fruits.  She just peels them really well.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 66 replies · 491 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 61 replies · 491 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 332 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 363 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 52 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?