suggestions for hunger nausea?

aliceindietland
on 5/28/13 3:11 am
RNY on 06/11/13

So I'm on day 2 of my pre-op liquid diet, and blegh, but I am going to stick to it.

One problem I am having though is that when I'm particularly hungry I tend to get a little nauseated.  Does anyone have suggestions for dealing with this?  I was thinking of trying some diet gingerale.

"The first thing I've got to do," said Alice to herself, as she wandered about in the wood, "is to grow to my right size again..." -- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Blog: http://therightsize.wordpress.com   Twitter: @therightsize  HW: 365  SW: 346 CW: 254

juleskar
on 5/28/13 3:20 am
I get that too. Diet ginger ale would be good, if it has real ginger in it. Sometimes, just having another shake made my nausea go away. I also used a lot of gas-x. The gas makes me nauseated. When I had morning sickness, my dr told me to use papaya extract, which really helped.
Good job on the pre-op liquid diet..it can be brutal. I felt it was worse than post-op, because right now you're dealing with a regular stomach and intestines.
You'll do great!!
KateJoeMama
on 5/28/13 7:04 am
Ginger tea is really good, too!

KateJoeMama

HW 246.2,CW 231.1

aliceindietland
on 5/28/13 10:46 am
RNY on 06/11/13

Good suggestions!  I tried some ginger and lemon tea and I think it helped. :)

"The first thing I've got to do," said Alice to herself, as she wandered about in the wood, "is to grow to my right size again..." -- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Blog: http://therightsize.wordpress.com   Twitter: @therightsize  HW: 365  SW: 346 CW: 254

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 66 replies · 524 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 61 replies · 532 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 359 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 390 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 25 replies · 117 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?