grocery shopping pre-surgery?

aliceindietland
on 6/5/13 12:34 pm
RNY on 06/11/13

My surgery is on Tuesday, and I'm trying to do the things I need to to prepare.  I have my protein shakes, vitamins, etc.  For one week after surgery I'll be eating JUST protein shakes and nothing else.  The second week I move on to puree. 

So what occurred to me today is - should I do grocery shopping now for what I want to try to eat during the puree stage?  It seems a little daunting to try to figure that out, but I guess I'll have to do it sometime anyway. :)

Do you guys think you would have been up to grocery shopping one week post-op?

"The first thing I've got to do," said Alice to herself, as she wandered about in the wood, "is to grow to my right size again..." -- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Blog: http://therightsize.wordpress.com   Twitter: @therightsize  HW: 365  SW: 346 CW: 254

Allen Y.
on 6/5/13 1:20 pm - Garland, TX

Things like cottage cheese and yogurt don't have a real long shelf life. I would wait till you are post op and then get these type items. The walk around the grocery store will be GOOD for you.

Allen Y.
on 6/5/13 1:22 pm - Garland, TX

One thing I think of you can get is some bullion. It is high in salt though so watch that. But as for being easy to digest and easy on a new pouch it's hard to beat a cup of warm beef bullion/broth.

gooddaysunshine
on 6/5/13 2:23 pm, edited 6/5/13 9:21 pm
RNY on 04/30/13
You should be fine to shop for those items post op. For me that was too much to think about pre op. Best wishes on your surgery.

Melissa Nicely
on 6/6/13 10:51 am - Chesapeake, OH
RNY on 05/06/13

I bought all the stuff I needed for my 3 week full liquid diet I was sent home on. Things like SF pudding, SF jello, beef and chicken broths, canned cream soups, SF popsicles, milk and protein powder. It's a good idea to go ahead and get any of the heavy stuff, animal food, bottled water, cleaning supplies or anything like that. You won't be able to pick up much the first 3 or 4 weeks and now is a good time to go ahead and get all that stocked up. I was out shopping 4 days after my surgery so you might feel up to getting out, jus****ch the buggy cause the one I used was the same height as my major incision and I don't know how many times I bumped it with the handle of the cart.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 66 replies · 522 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 61 replies · 530 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 356 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 388 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 10 replies · 100 views
What's on your Monday Menu?