night before, feeling awful...

aliceindietland
on 6/10/13 10:21 am
RNY on 06/11/13

My surgery is tomorrow morning at 7:30am, which means I get to leave my house is 4am!

First, my period was five days LATE this month, just so that it could conveniently start today and be there for surgery.  I've been having cramps all day and haven't been able to take any painkillers. :(

On clear liquids today, so I'm starving.

Drank a bottle of magnesium citrate an hour and a half ago.

I feel so nauseated and just awful right now.  I don't know which of the above is the culprit, or a combination of the three.  Could also be partly nerves I guess, though I'm not feeling TOO bad in that department.

Anyway, mostly just complaining. :)  But um... wish me luck I guess!

"The first thing I've got to do," said Alice to herself, as she wandered about in the wood, "is to grow to my right size again..." -- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Blog: http://therightsize.wordpress.com   Twitter: @therightsize  HW: 365  SW: 346 CW: 254

poet_kelly
on 6/10/13 10:24 am - OH

Is there a reason you can't take Tylenol?  The good news is, tough, that this time tomorrow you will be on good pain meds and those cramps should not bother you at all!

Try to go to bed early.  Try a heating pad for the cramps.  I understand you feel crappy right now.  But you just have to get through this one night.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

aliceindietland
on 6/10/13 11:22 am
RNY on 06/11/13

My surgeon said to stop taking any OTC stuff unless really necessary a few days before surgery.  Though honestly tylenol never really does much for my cramps anyway.  I'm not sure what I might try after surgery... I need to remember to ask about that!

"The first thing I've got to do," said Alice to herself, as she wandered about in the wood, "is to grow to my right size again..." -- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Blog: http://therightsize.wordpress.com   Twitter: @therightsize  HW: 365  SW: 346 CW: 254

poet_kelly
on 6/10/13 11:23 am - OH

Since NSAIDS are not recommended for RNY patients, it would have to be Tylenol or prescription pain meds.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Teach64
on 6/10/13 10:33 am - OH
RNY on 07/01/13

I'm sorry you're feeling bad the night before your surgery. But remember, it's the night before your surgery! You are right there:) hang on and all the best tomorrow!

LadyLilMax
on 6/10/13 11:01 am - Retirement Ville, AZ

Bless your heart!  Any one of the those would be nasty but as Kelly said... just tonight!  Then an early wakeup and then the knock out medicine and then .. tada... you're on your way.

Good luck!

RNY 12/11/12  HW:230   SW:220   GW:140   CW:130  5ft 1

Sarahakers11
on 6/10/13 11:03 am - Culpeper, VA
RNY on 06/04/13 with
Good luck sweety! I was at 7:30 am also. The good thing was you don't get pushed back if there is an issue before you cause there is no one before you. Heard from another patient in the same day as me my hiatal hernia the found (which cause my surgery to go much longer than expected). Cause his to get pushed back over an hour!

HW - 297  start of Pre-op - 290.2   SW- 279.2   GW - 145    

The Depressed Hiker Blog

A middle aged over the hump and over what "I'm suppose to do" woman, with the wild spirit and a nasty case of depression and anxiety!

ever
on 6/10/13 11:28 am - Saratoga Springs, NY
Good luck! Hakuna matata!
Lisa828
on 6/10/13 11:37 am

Good luck! I'm sure all the pain you feel now with your period is from your nerves, and that you were late. I know that you will be fine and its over tomorrow! I go on the 24 th and I'm on a two week liquid diet! Not fun!! 

pasunshine06
on 6/10/13 12:30 pm - PA

Sorry you are feeling so yucky...but GOOD LUCK tomorrow! I am very happy for you!

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 66 replies · 524 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 61 replies · 532 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 359 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 390 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 112 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?