Everything sucks but it only gets better from here!

aliceindietland
on 6/17/13 12:30 am
RNY on 06/11/13

So I was writing this blog post last night (https://therightsize.wordpress.com/2013/06/17/surgery-over-e verything-is-awful-but-its-all-uphill-from-here/) and realized that I was complaining a LOT and didn't really have anything good to say about the surgery (mine was last Tuesday).  And I kind of had an epiphany.

Yeah, everything totally sucks right now.  Like, there isn't a single good thing about the surgery at this current point in time.  It's not like I woke up in recovery magically thin and all my health problems are gone.  I'm in pain, food is terrible, I have no energy, I'm stressed about missing work, blah blah blah.  I mean, basically: Everything sucks AND I'm still fat.

But that also means that... every single day will be better.  The pain goes away, food starts getting better, eating gets easier, AND you're losing weight.  So the day after surgery is probably the worst ever, but every single day after that is going to be better.

As for me, I'm officially off pain meds today and also I weighed myself and 9 pounds down this past week.

"The first thing I've got to do," said Alice to herself, as she wandered about in the wood, "is to grow to my right size again..." -- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Blog: http://therightsize.wordpress.com   Twitter: @therightsize  HW: 365  SW: 346 CW: 254

BWB
on 6/17/13 12:42 am

That is the way it goes.  Smiling makes it easier and the fun starts today.

sirenitycalling
on 6/17/13 1:11 am - OH

Hello Alice,

I love your quote in your signature.

My first day reborn, I was reaching for butterflies and trying everything possible to get to my compression wraps because I decided I needed to use the rest room, even though I was still catheterized, and wanted to walk. Plus, my shoulder hurt and I refused to use the pain pump. After those first sips of barium, chicken broth was divine and all hail sugar-free gatorade. Bonus, the pole attached to my arm was removed and I had free reign to wander the circle and use a toilet until it was time to sleep, shower, and sip at home.

You begin to remember and cherish things as time goes. The things that seem major now will become minor and life gets that much sweeter as many things change.

martitalinda
on 6/17/13 1:45 am

I can relate to saying so many of those things ... especially after being laid up for over 3 months no thanks to an awful post-op complication ... I had buyers remorse like you have no idea ... till I realized one day that it could only get better ... and one day at a time I decided to work it ... like you it finally dawned on me the "every single day will be better" and it was ... no regrets ... I am still enjoying every single day being better ... at 6 years and 4 months after.

CONGRATULATIONS ... one day at a time ... it does indeed get better.... wishing you nothing but the best on your journey!!!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

autumnsiggy2RNY 2/5/07 no regain having implemented lifestyle changes....

Sherry T.
on 6/17/13 5:15 am - GA
RNY on 05/22/12

It truly does get better, I felt I had no other option but to get better so while right now life seems pretty hard and daunting just know that the day will come and you will feel amazing!  Even after only a year, it's hard to remember those bad days even after some of the worst things have happened to me emotionally, I know I have to keep making progress.  This will not be for nothing. 

Hang in there sistah!

Hugs!

Sherry

Sherry T.
on 6/17/13 5:20 am - GA
RNY on 05/22/12

I just noticed when you had surgery, I saw Dr. Hart on the 13th for my one year appt....you were probably still at the hospital.  You've got a great doctor and in my opinion, the best there is as I'm sure everyone here thinks of theirs. I had sought him out in 2002 and got pregnant and had to stop my approval process..10 years later and one kid.  I was approved!  I never researched anyone else.  It's a drive from Macon but so worth it.  

You can do it...the first few weeks are rough but then it'll get so much better!

Sherry

aliceindietland
on 6/17/13 5:32 am
RNY on 06/11/13

He also did my best friend's surgery, five years ago... and she's doing great!  I think it was a really good decision. :)

"The first thing I've got to do," said Alice to herself, as she wandered about in the wood, "is to grow to my right size again..." -- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Blog: http://therightsize.wordpress.com   Twitter: @therightsize  HW: 365  SW: 346 CW: 254

Teach64
on 6/17/13 7:14 am - OH
RNY on 07/01/13

As I get ready for my surgery July 1st, I REALLY appreciate your words!!! Thank you:-)

nurl
on 6/17/13 9:30 pm
RNY on 05/14/13
It really does get better hang in there

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 66 replies · 522 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 61 replies · 530 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 356 views
What's on your Monday Menu?