Recent Posts

Melody P.
on 2/16/24 4:57 am - Amarillo, TX
Topic: RE: What's on your (PHOTO) Friday Menu?

Good mornin y'all! Cute cookies! Sorry about the bad experience with the phone, I really hope it gets worked out today.

Not much planned for the day. I'll probably vacuum and clean the bathroom. My brother is coming over Sunday with the whole family. I've been slacking on chainmailling. My heart just wasn't in it. Good news is that I'm feeling the itch.

I'm dealing with hot flashes still. I had a piece of cheddar last night and boom...hot flash type thing. Not sure what's up with it. My blood sugars have been great lately with very very few above 175...fasting around 90. Another thing that needs to be figured out.

QOTD: just two, the us and Canada.

B: eggs, cheese 4 crackers and coffee x 2

L: not sure on this one

D: the salmon I meant to have yesterday

Grim_Traveller
on 2/16/24 4:49 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Good morning all.

You guys, it was hysterical watching JB on the phone all day yesterday. She was laughing, maniacally, most of the time. It would have been my worst nightmare. I hate dealing with crap like that. At one point I told her she should just go to court and change her name, it would be easier than dealing with the phone company.

I do laugh out loud every time I hear someone assert that "government should be run more like a business." No, it shouldn't. Because every business I've seen is run by idiots, and poorly so.

QOTD: 3 countries. It's not so much the visiting that's an issue. I'm just convinced they won't let me back into this one.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Grim_Traveller
on 2/16/24 4:40 am
RNY on 08/21/12

I saw a video of the stroopwaffle makers just a couple of days ago. It was pretty amazing how they can slice something that thin in two pieces. I'm a little jealous.

6'3" tall, male.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Grim_Traveller
on 2/16/24 4:29 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Here's a good stick, to beat the lovely lady!

6'3" tall, male.

Partlypollyanna
on 2/16/24 4:24 am
RNY on 02/14/18

My poor colleague was really put on the spot yesterday, they asked what he showed me in Warsaw and were giving him grief. I had to step in and point out that I was the problem because I had too many conference calls to explore on Tuesday night.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Queen JB
on 2/16/24 4:09 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Fantastic pics! I love how you make time to see things while you are working so hard :) Mmmm... strooopwaffles! Have a blast today!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Queen JB
on 2/16/24 4:05 am
RNY on 07/20/15

How fun for you! I am picturing the town from The Quiet Man :) I hope it works out!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Partlypollyanna
on 2/16/24 3:54 am
RNY on 02/14/18

How exciting! Did you get Irish citizenship through descent? I have some friends that were able to get it through their grandparents and I am jealou

Jen

Partlypollyanna
on 2/16/24 3:51 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning and happy Friday! My colleague and I just got back to the airport, he's headed home and I just dropped my stuff at the hotel. Tomorrow is my "free" day but I worked at the office this morning and don't have a call h til 430 local time now so going to catch the train to Amsterdam city center and explore a bit. My plane is to visit a bakery Sheila sent me a link to that showed them making stroopwafffles and also visit the royal palace. Will be a cold and rainy day but there is no bad weather, only bad clothing choices.

last nights dinner at the fancy house was very nice! The grounds were beautiful and the food and company was excellent.

Today I've had all the coffee (but they were very small coffees, 6 barely makes 2 of my usual size!) and a protein bar. I am certain I will have cheese and a stroopwaffle today though. I did do a Pilates workout this morning but figure my exploring will be my cardio today

qotd - 30 but there are still so many left to visit.

qjb, good luck getting the phone situation worked out. It's way to challenging to give them a boatload of money.

pix today are from around Warsaw. I loved the juxtaposition of the old town and the neon Mario world play park, lol. There's a bit of a self portrait in the shiny snowman too

have a great Friday and weekend!

Jen

White Dove
on 2/16/24 3:47 am, edited 2/15/24 7:49 pm - Warren, OH

I tried to switch to Verizon from AT&T twice and both times walked out of the stores. Two different places and both so disorganized and inefficient. I went back to AT&T where they greet you at the door, know what they are doing and get you out in 10 minutes. I hope they get it all straightened out for you.

Your cookies are so beautiful and creative and you could have made a career out of them. It is always something you could go back to. Love the candy but we still want to see those cats. I have been to only four countries, but plan to add a lot more in the next few years.

I am thinking of moving to Ireland with my sister in the next year or two. She purchased a home in the little town close to where our father grew up. It is called Hollymount and has about 60 or 70 residents, but a lot of people who live on farms close by.

It has a grocery store, a gas station, a health club with a pool, and a number of pubs. One of my sisters owns a pub there but she lives in North Carolina and has hired people to run the pub for her. She found great people and it has been a great success.

My other sister bought the house across from the grocery store. She is a retired nurse and wants me to live with her so she can help with any health issues as I grow older. Ireland is cold in the winter but flights to France and Spain can be as low as $29. So we plan to spend winters at warm, sunny beaches. Many of the residents and farmers nearby are my cousins, so it should not be lonely for us, but a big move nevertheless.

Here is picture of the grocery store and the yellow house directly across from the store is where we will be living. We are not in a rush to move but probably in 2024 or 2025.

OH put one picture on twice and won't let me take it off. The big red circle is the grocery store.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Most Active
Recent Topics