c-pap mask.i need advice!!!

Amy W.
on 10/17/04 10:36 am - Buckeye, AZ
Hello everyone! im kinda pissed off because i got my c-pap the day before yesterday and could it be anymore annoying?!!??!?! The first night i woke up to go pee at 4 in the morning, and when i looked in the bathroom mirror, my whole face had every single strap mark and it was all red and i looked like a monster! But that was because i slept on the side of my face because i do everynight my entire life. So last night i just slept on my back and suffered (my neck hurt all day today, still does) and there was still a ring around my nose where the mask was because it doesnt matter how loose anything is, if somthing is touching my face, it gets red and ugly! so my question is, is there a kind of c-pap mask that just like, hooks on the inside of your nose? kinda like hooks or somthing? the mask is so annoying that i feel even worse all day now then i did before i got it! this is just not working out for me...does anyone have a kind of mask that i described? like, that just slides in your nostrals or somthing? ~Amy
thammmer
on 10/18/04 6:27 am - La Crosse, WI
There is a mask called, "Nasal Aire II" this has two small canulas that are inserted into the nostrils, then the hose kind of loops around the ears... kinda like a oxygen line in the hospital... There is a strap that goes all around the top of the head, along with one that holds the tubes close together behind your head. I use it without the headgear strap. The hose that goes behind your head, at about the ear level, seems to work pretty good for me... I hope this helps...
jh
on 10/20/04 9:24 am - jamestown, MO
I also use the Nasal Aire and it is pretty good. I actually did start to use the headgear strap (which is sort of like the outside rim of a baseball cap without the cap part - it goes around your head that way, hard to describe well) and am very pleased with it. It's still annoying, but not nearly as hard to deal with as a lot of the stuff I've seen. I have been using the machine since 2002 and it really helps me. Good luck and hope that helps.
red
on 10/22/04 4:54 pm - shepherdsville, KY
Hi Amy,You are not alone...I wake up every morning with the strap marks around my nose too!!! LOL It's a pretty scarey site. I've had my c pap for almost a year and it took me a long time to get adjusted to it. I have felt SOOOOO much better since wearing it that sometimes I put it on and wonder if it's working,I don't even feel the air pressure anymore,it's weird???You will get used to it...but it will take some time. I was probaly 2 months before I could wear it all night,but like I said the benefits are well worth the trouble of cleaning it out and the dreaded strap marks. ( hell I go to work and sometimes there is still a little mark left and my friends say ...what's that??? I tell them that I had awonderfull nights sleep) I know it's a love/hate a relationship but you will get used to it!!! If ya have any questions just email me!!! c ya Brittany
anitra1611
on 11/7/04 9:58 pm - spring, tx
hey i just started sleeping with my c-pap mask u can loose the ends so it will not be so tight
Leslie Rodriguez
on 11/9/04 4:53 am - Lorton, VA
You have GOT to get the Nasal-Aire II! I swear, if I had not discovered it, I would have quit the Cpap -- like over half of people who start with it! If your insurance won't cover it, pay for it yourself. I have used ebay, in fact! Leslie R.
sexysweetsweet69
on 11/13/04 1:55 pm - Milwaukee, WI
hello everyone , i got my cpap machine about 2 weeks ago , i love it, my face is sore sometimes from the straps , my nose is really dry when i get up , that is the only problem , my partner loves it she sleeps now , she said that i still snore but is not as loud as before ,she said sometimes i don't snore at all , everyone at work has even noticed the difference . my 4 cat and my dog look at me like i am a alien with the mask on ,but i am so happy since i got machine.
Most Active