Update newbie trying to get tested

Linda W
on 4/12/05 1:13 pm - Jacksonville, FL
RNY on 07/26/05 with
Well, I waited until my cardiologist appointment as my primary care suggested. But he said my primary care needs to send my for the sleep test. (I didn't use to hate Doctors. But all this testing and stuff in order to prepare for WLS is making me begin to. ) Why all this run around!?!? Anyway, so now I am not even going to call to make an appointment with my primary care...I am just going to ask for them to call for a referral for the sleep test. I have checked my coverage and it is covered. (and CPAP is too) Honestly, I have 5 more Doctors appointments in the next month oops...actually if I get approval from my insurance for the WLS I will have 6 Dr. appointments. (all related to the WLS-- in case your wondering if I have just become some crazy hypochondriac )....I am not looking forward to adding to that list of appointments or co-pays. But I am honestly wanting relief from life of sleepiness. Someone said to me at the cardiologist - man I don't know how anyone sleeps attached to that machine. I replied- I would sleep attached to the moon if I could just really SLEEP! Anyway, I doubt anyone is out there dying for my update. But it really helps to vent for a bit.
hcunning
on 4/13/05 12:20 pm - MIDLOTHIAN, TX
Sounds like I am a similar boat on the same lake!! I called both the sleep apnea doc and cardiologist the same day, last Tuesday. I have already had my sleep consult and scheduled for my sleep tests and every time I try to find out anything from the cardiologist, she says she is waiting for my PCP. Could my PCP be trying to get insurance approval first? Why does one and not the other have to have it??? I am still waiting to hear back from the surgeons office for insurance approval, 5 business days. I am getting SO ANTSY!!! I guess I expected things to be moving quicker, everyone says United Heathcare approves across the board!!! Oh, and did I mention I quit smoking on Monday? I have kept my cool pretty well, I am finding that I was being pretty lax with my daughter and letting her get away with more so I could run out and grab a smoke. Not anymore!! I may need Super Nanny after all this is done! It ag's me to no end when she doesn't pay attention! But I think Mom's and daughters tend to be like that, I will say it is white and she will swear it is black!! So say a prayer, I am trying to keep the best attitude, but I am still having moments!
CuteDonna
on 4/16/05 1:31 am - Effort, PA
We go through many steps and Doctors in order to get approved for WLS and it's all worth it in the long run, believe me I know Hang in there and before you know it all this will be behind you. Donna 338/235 -103
donaramirez
on 6/10/05 3:40 pm - Las Cruces, NM
Hang in there... My experience is that I have been approved for surgery ... or at least the insurance says yes... but my BMI is lower than 40 and now this doctor is saying I need a second Co-morbidity. Has anyone had this experience where they have to prove a second one, despite the insurance saying yes... they signed off of the paperwork at the doctors office. Can you switch to another Dr. if they say no after the sleep test. I guess my fear is "what if I dont have sleep apnea"? and I get turned down because of that. Help !!
CuteDonna
on 6/10/05 10:33 pm - Effort, PA
Get tested for the sleep apnea and have you been checked for everything else in the sun? I had so much blood work done i'm surprised I had any blood left. Retaining water? Go to your Doctor and said it's hard to walk, can't do your job to it's fullest if you walk alot. I thought I had NOTHING wrong with me. I was heading towards diabetes. Donna
Most Active