I'm APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!

Full of Life
on 4/15/05 9:13 am - Broken Arrow, OK
I got my written approval letter today in the mail!!! I can't believe it, I'm actually going to have WLS. After spending the last year trying to get approved, I guess I didn't quite believe I would ever get the surgery. Now it's Official!!!!!!!!!!!!! I see the surgeon on the 27th and should get my date then. ??? Is a night in ICU an automatic for sleep apnea patients??????? Or is that just up to the surgeon's discression at the time of surgery?
Sue
on 4/15/05 1:36 pm - Barberton, OH
congratulations on your approval! It's such an exciting time isn't it?! My surgery is on June 1st and I had to go up for a lot information at the hospital. I asked about the cpap and she said that they just have you use it at night when you are sleeping. They do not have you go into ICU unless necessary.....not because of sleep apnea. I would ask the question to your surgeon.....but I truly believe that it is an individual thing. My setting ins on 9 and not severe......so maybe that is why... Good luck with your journey! Sue
CuteDonna
on 4/16/05 1:28 am - Effort, PA
HURRAY!! It depends in how bad you sleep apnea is and your surgeon. I did not spend any time in ICU and did not even need my Cpap machine while at the hospital and in fact Charlie CPAP is retired now After losing 103lbs I don't need him anymore. Donna 338/235 -103
Most Active