CPAP adjustments

karen C.
on 5/2/05 1:35 pm - Kennewick, WA
Does anyone no how to adjust the cpap settings? My machine is almost paid for and I will probably be through with it in a few months. My husband also has sleep apnea. His machine is much older than mine with no humidifier. I'd like to give him mine without us having to go through the clinic and another sleep study. Suggestions??
toomuch
on 5/7/05 1:38 pm - mt.laurel, NJ
With my cpap machine the Dr. sent a Technician to the house to change the settings. Good luck
Chunky Dunker
on 5/17/05 9:09 am - WA
Hi Karen- I live in the tri-cities also. Here are some instructions: Unplug the unit from the rear. Hold down the pressure on/off and ramp buttons at the same time, insert the plug. Once the machine starts, let go, you are now in the pressure program mode. The minimum setting is 4, the max is 20. Push the ramp button until the setting you want shows in the window. Pull the plug and the machine will be reset to that number. Use a similar approach to adjust ramp time (can be set to zero) using the pressure on/off button. Hope this helps. If not, go to snoring.com and check out their message boards for other machines and how to adjust them.
Sleepeasy
on 9/26/07 1:07 pm
you should not try and readjust the machine yourself. You can get a prescription from the doctor that he had his study done with to have your DME readjust the pressure. A sleep study shouldn't be needed unless a different pressure is being prescribed. titrated pressure is a very individual thing and just like a prescription medication, it shouldn't be monkeyed around with without a doctor's prescription and a professional filling it.
Most Active