I thinking should check up on sleep apena?!?!

pinkhat
on 5/24/05 3:59 am - Mayer, Mn
I should take sleep apena.. i notice i was slept since.. i wake early 2 or 3 am morning.. my kids can hear me alot sorz.... breath and maybe check up make sure before sugury or depend..
finda_nessy
on 5/24/05 9:53 am - Indianapolis (but at college in Evansville), IN
yes, you should most definitely get this checked. Did you know that some surgeons require that you have been on the CPAP machine for a certain amount of time before the surgery? I think it has to do with the outcome of how you wake after the procedure or something along those lines. I know that I am going to have my sleep test done on June 1st and I have heard from several individuals that if you do get on the machine at first you will hate it because you aren't used to sleeping like that and then when you have been on it for some time, you will not believe how much better you feel. And you can also lose weight from this mask......I think that you should go to get a test done for yourself and your health.....good luck and God Bless you!
Kathie
on 5/26/05 6:00 am - Lewisburg, TN
I definitely think you should check it out. It effects the way anesthesia is administered as well. If your numbers drop to much due to an apnea event the anesthesiologist may think he has you under to far and lighten up on the dosage, leading to you possibly awakening during surgery (worst case scenario), or so I am told by those in the profession. Hope this helps, Kathie
Most Active