lungs hurt

(deactivated member)
on 5/29/05 1:10 pm - Fort Mill, SC
I used my cpap machine for the first time last night and today my lungs hurt real bad when I breathe in. My setting is 11 and I had the humidifer on 1. I don't know if I should use it tonite or wait and call the Doctor. Has anyone experienced this? My lungs didn't hurt when I was tested.
Angela B.
on 5/30/05 7:56 am - Jones, OK
Don't know what's happened... I posted a reply yesterday and now it's not here?! My thoughts were: 1. Have you talked to your resources - durable medical equipment supplier - the person who fitted your mask - the sleep center - the sleep apnea doctor - your primary care? 2. Suppose you're using parts of your lungs that haven't been used in a long time and are therefore sore??? 3. When is your pain worst? Is coughing/sneezing something that impacts the pain? Where exactly is your pain? 4. A great way to improve circulation through the chest is to breathe hard - pant. That moves lymph through the system and helps to clean out lots of "trash". You might try a minute or two of deep, forced breathing and see how that helps (or doesn't.) Best Wishes, Angela in OK Lap RNY 5/23/05 288/272/?
Most Active