Camping?

Shannon T.
on 5/29/05 9:11 pm - Stow, MA
Hello, My family and I are camping this summer and I'm worried about sleeping without my a-pap machine. Any ideas? Shannon
patriotmom
on 5/30/05 1:30 am - Marion, AR
Hi Shannon, Are you going to be camping where they will have electricity at the camp sites? If so take an extension cord along, if not then I don't know. When we go camping we always make sure our camp site will have electricity so I can plug my machine in. I haven't been in the "real woods" since being diagnosed with sleep apnea. Hope this give you an idea. Trisha
JOANNA U.
on 6/5/05 2:02 am
Shannon, I posted the same question a few weeks back. I went camping 2 weeks ago without my machine and it sucked! I was extremely tired and was very short of breath when hiking. I did not have electricity available to me so I just suffered. It was only for 2 nights and I think my snoring kept the animals away lol. I really do not have an answer for you, but good luck and have fun.
Marielpn
on 7/3/05 9:28 am - MidMO, MO
i had one patient tell me he had some kind of battery that he took camping with him and he loved it. he said it would only run for two nights but i have no idea where he got such a thing. only other thing to do is sleep as upright as possible when you cant use our machine and dont sleep on your back at all.
bzzymom
on 2/18/08 8:22 am - Atlantic, IA
I actually go camping with my family alot and I have a CPAP machine. We use a tent when we camp but we have to tent near electricity. The park people let us pay the tent rate since my machine does not use that much electricity unlight air conditioners in campers.
Most Active