Recent Posts

Dutch G.
on 9/15/04 12:16 am - Central Iowa, IA
Topic: RE: Yahoo Group for VBG
Hi, Kim! Glad you're doing so well! Remember, walk, walk, walk, and chew, chew, chew!! Good luck to you!!! Mary
Dutch G.
on 9/15/04 12:13 am - Central Iowa, IA
Topic: RE: United Hosptial Newsletter Article
Thanks, Sharon! I do love a success story. I intend to be one! Mary
Kim A.
on 9/14/04 11:34 pm - Jacksonville, FL
Topic: RE: quick question
I had surgery at 8 a.m. on a Wednesday, and went home by mid-day Friday. I was also up and walking slowly by Thursday morning. I didn't feel well at all, but my surgeon made me get up and get around. I was glad to go home! I'd rather lay down in the comforts of my own home than in a strange hospital bed. I was lucky not to have any problems or complications though. 2 days in the hospital is standard for my doctor. ~Kim
Kim A.
on 9/14/04 11:24 pm - Jacksonville, FL
Topic: Yahoo Group for VBG
Hi all! I'm 2 weeks VBG post-op, and so far so good! I have just started reading some posts and saw that a Yahoo group was recommended, but I think this one is even better. It's more active, and I've gotten a lot of help there. http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/VBGersSupport/ Good luck to everyone! ~Kim Open VBG 9/1/04 292/-24/268
Kim A.
on 9/14/04 10:39 pm - Jacksonville, FL
GLORIA M.
on 9/14/04 3:25 pm - MISSOURI CITY, TX
Topic: RE: Help!!! I've hit a plateau!!!!
the same thing happen to me. i went on a slim fast diet. i increased my protein and went to the ymca ,worked out 5 times a week. then I STARTED BACK LOSSING ABOUT 2 POUND A WEEK. THE FIRST WEEK I LOST 41/2 POUNDS. THEN AFTER 2 POUNDS A WEEK. IT HAS BEEN GOOD. I WENT YESTERDAY I TRIED ON A XL DRESS IT FIT. IN MARCH I WAS IN A 3X(NEED A 4X) NOW IN A XL. I LOVE IT. THE SOUTH BEACH DIET WORK GOOD. CUT THE CARB. GOOD LUCK. YOU ARE DOING REAL GOOD , KEEP THE GOOD WORK UP. GLORIA MOLAKE -83
Natalee
on 9/14/04 1:25 pm - Edmond, OK
Topic: RE: Help!!! I've hit a plateau!!!!
I heard one time on Dr. Phil I think that if you hit a plateau you should change your exercise a bit...like do a different kind, and it worked for the people on his show. Two years before I had my surgery I lost 40 pounds by limiting sugar and white flower and eating lots of vegetables and adequate protein. I would focus on protein, vegetables, and limit starches. I hope something works for you...hang in there you've come a long way already.
Natalee
on 9/14/04 1:21 pm - Edmond, OK
Topic: RE: Please help
Taryn- If your doctor doesn't know whether what's happening is normal or not GO TO THE ER NOW! It does not sound normal to me. My mother had leaking spinal fluid one time that caused sever headaches...I doubt that's your problem, but the body has crazy symptoms. Don't wait because if something is wrong it could get worse. Bless your heart...I'm so worried for you. No matter what your surgeon says anyone, no matter what, should go to the hospital if they feel as bad as you describe. God Bless, Natalie
TARYN K.
on 9/14/04 9:59 am - NEW CASTLE, PA
Topic: Please help
I am having more pain - I was feeling just sore and then Sunday I started feeling really bad and by Monday I was really thinking I had imploded or something! I had bubbling out of my incision all day long, I think I am having migraines - I am not sure if they are migraines, but the headaches are sooo bad! I am getting chills and I am so sore that I can barely walk. What is happening to me it is not getting better it is getting worse?? any advice?? We called the Dr. but he said it is probably normal. Why am I seeping so much all of the sudden - I mean it like bubbles out and my stomach feels like jello everytime I move it hurts. I am really scared and frustrated, I just sit and cry.
Karen M.
on 9/14/04 8:03 am - El Maton, TX
Topic: Help!!! I've hit a plateau!!!!
I have hit a plateau and don't know how to get off of it!!! It seems like 60lbs is the plateau mark for a alot of people!!! Should I change up my eating habits or what???????????? Please help!!! I need to lose 38 more lbs to be at my goal but i feel that lately i am so stressed out at work that i do not have time to concentrate on my nutrition!!!!!! I am always tired and feel dingy all of the time!!! Any advise
Most Active
Recent Topics
Gastro-Gastric Fistula after VBG
csingram · 0 replies · 4308 views
VBG revision
okgal50 · 9 replies · 8566 views
sleeve or the switch
Kerri_L_Denter · 1 replies · 8090 views