Cereal?

farewell2fat
on 3/16/11 10:46 am - Apopka, FL
I know cereal isn't a protein & has carbs, but does anyone eat it?? Can we once in a while? And do you drain the milk then eat the cereal?? (I remember my NUT mentioning this once). Any cereals out there with a decent amount of protein? Ka****hanks!

cabcab
on 3/16/11 10:51 am
VSG on 01/06/11 with
I usually look online for nutritional values.  I went to the Kashi site and the original cereal has 13 grams of protein per serving.  I think that's pretty good.  A little milk adds more protein.  The serving size is a cup, so since I couldn't eat that much, it would be less protein. 
    HW: 335.  SW: 318.  CW: 161.0.  Height 5'8.  Age 43.

Foxbins
on 3/16/11 11:07 am
I eat oatmeal w/skim milk and ff syrup about once a week, it seems to help with constipation issues.
Mrs.Jackatar
on 3/16/11 11:46 am - Pine Falls, Canada
Special K -- Satification has 10 gms of protein per bowl.  I LOVE that cereal.  Though I haven't had it post op. 

Sherry
HW 300 CW 294 DAY OF SURG WEIGHT 267 Height  5'2.5
NUT Goal 180   My Goal  150

cattywompos
on 3/16/11 12:05 pm
Sure!  I have Kashi GoLean every now and then.  Sometimes I treat myself to a bit of miniwheats.  Milk and I don't get along all the time, so the bit that I have with each bite of cereal is enough for me and I just pour the left over milk out.
 HW-304 / SW- 286 / CW-198.25 / GW-170

BriarRose
on 3/16/11 12:36 pm
My surgeon recommended trying cherrios for a crunch for breakfast or snack !  Kashi, and a few others have pretty good proteins and are great for the fiber and "lower digestion" !  I eat it with lf milk (just not drowning in milk)

Briar Rose  
High Wt 300 lbs.  Pre-op Wt loss 34 lbs.   
AniO
on 3/16/11 12:52 pm
I try cereal every few weeks to see if I can tolerate it and I still find it uncomfortable.

AniO

jackie W.
on 3/16/11 1:21 pm - schenectady, ny
I eat a quarter cup of special K with a tablespoon of bananna,1/4 cup skim milk every other day,so far no problems.

diane S.
on 3/16/11 5:36 pm
Some people do fine with it. I had absolutely not one crumb of it during weight loss phase. just couldn't fit in the protein if I did that. Now I do oatmeal once a week or so and add some PB2 to it. tastes good. I really had to watch the carbs to lose but people seem to be different in this area. whatever you do, read labels carefully and get some with protein and fiber and no sugar. Diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

mini_me_ now
on 3/16/11 7:45 pm
I like oat bran its more creamy than oatmeal and its higher in fiber... i can eat 2 Tbl spoons in 1/2 cup of water... i find it great for constipation relief..for milk i use unsweetened almond milk so not many carbs there.

that is the only cereal i have tried... you will have to try and see if eating cereals affect your weight loss or not... or if it gives you cravings or not..
Linda     5".4

6lbs under goal weight
                  Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 127 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 364 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 409 views