First soft protien/meal

_aprilh_
on 4/4/11 6:51 am - OK
So on Wednesday I can start eating soft proteins, stuff like cheese, tuna with mayo, egg, refried beans, dark meat chicken.  What was your first soft protein? Did it settle? How much did you eat? I am really worried about eating. I have struggled with esphageal spasms and reflux. What will it be like when I eat. I am really nervous. Then to top it all off I start a new job on Thursday. How will I handle eating with the new job? Thanks again for answering my questions and being patient with me as I learn how to live with my new stomach.
"I can do all things through Christ who strenthens me!"
 April ~ 39y/o, 6'0", HW 292, SW 268.4, CW 188, BMI 26.7

mareacuda
on 4/4/11 7:00 am - Las Vegas, NV
 All I wanted was tuna fish mixed with tzatziki! I only had a little bit, but it's exactly what I wanted. 

You might want to check The World According to Eggface.

She has tons of recipes and stuff!

I pack my lunch all the time at work and have no problems at all... Just take the time you need to finish your meals and you should be fine! :-) 
LilySlim Weight loss tickers
KrisJ77
on 4/4/11 7:26 am - TX
I did a tiny omlette...just egg with cheese in the middle.....I did fine!!  I am 9 weeks out and only have a problem with chicken. 

tdenise8958
on 4/4/11 8:05 am - CO
Hi April. I started my soft phase today and had a scrambled egg with protein powder (mixed powder in prior to frying it with cooking spray). Then added a little shredded cheese and salsa. Was yummy! I could only eat half.....was scared at first...bit it was fine. Started a new.job is a perfect time too start packing your lunches! People will think u always eat lite!
  Lost 12 pounds during pre-op diet

sunny10
on 4/4/11 8:14 am
Make sure you chew your food really good and eat slow.  When I try to eat fast, it just kills me.
Sunny10    
_aprilh_
on 4/4/11 8:20 am - OK
Thanks!
"I can do all things through Christ who strenthens me!"
 April ~ 39y/o, 6'0", HW 292, SW 268.4, CW 188, BMI 26.7

felicity2u
on 4/4/11 8:30 am - LA
My first soft protein meal was a pintos and cheese from taco bell.  The only bad part was that I had to eat it so slow that it dried up.  I only wound up eating about 7 baby spoons of it and didn't have any trouble.  Now, I make a mean pintos and cheese with the refried beans out of the can, taco bell mild sauce from the store and some melted cheese dip added in.  It is heavenly and doesn't dry out since you have to eat so slow.  Yummy!

If you fear nothing, then you love nothing. If you love nothing, what joy can there be in life?
                       VSG-3/3/2011 HW-308 SW-298 CW-152 GW-160
                                                156LBS. LOST

MediumSoon
on 4/4/11 1:03 pm - TX
My first soft meal was about 2 ounces blackened tilapia. Went fine. Tried a meatball next day - NOT fine.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 82 views