Feeling tired and slow

MrsWash07
on 4/17/11 5:43 am - Houma, LA
 Hi Guys, 

I am almost four weeks out and the past couple of days, I have had no energy. All I want to do is rest and sleep. Is that normal? I also noticed that my blood pressure is lower, I am going to call my doc in the morning. 
MediumSoon
on 4/17/11 6:10 am - TX
Definitely call your doc - and in the meantime try to get more fluids today than you have been. If your calories are really low (500 - 700) you might consider adding there also...

sunny10
on 4/17/11 6:16 am
Your BP medication might need adjusting......keep drinking your water......and make sure you take in your protein......
Sunny10    
sleeve genie
on 4/17/11 6:29 am - Alhambra, CA
I was tired for the first month so i decided, on my own, to add iron/vit c.  Most drs will tell you if you are past menopause you don't need it but i got some took it until the bottle was empty and felt much better.  I also got off both bp meds by 3 weeks post op.  I have a monitor and it was so low i quit taking it.  I did call my pcp and she told me to watch it,  if it got high to maybe take half of one.  I check it every day now and its usually about 111/65    Hope you feel better soon.  Its pretty normal to be tired after this surgery.   :o) jeani
      the start of my brand new life was on 5/28/10

aka  jeaniwantsasleeve!!                  

BigCaliSmile
on 4/17/11 6:33 am - La Puente, CA
Wow we had our surgeries the same day and i was like that totally all last week! I am feeling better now but I did up my water more if you contact your doctor i will be curious what he says
Jan in Cali,  5ft  Sw 224                       
MrsWash07
on 4/17/11 6:50 am - Houma, LA
 Thanks everyone. I have also been real nauseated for the past couple of days. I will add more water and protein, but I really have no desire to eat. I am keeping track of my pressure and calling my PC doc in the morning, she will probably want to change my doseage. 

Sleeve sister, let's keep in contact!!!
momokc
on 4/17/11 7:53 am, edited 4/17/11 7:54 am
 If you keep getting nausea...call your doctor and get them to change your nausea meds or give you some.  I spent three weeks and some days off work trying to fix nausea myself.  My doctor gave me Phenagren? and it worked in the first day!  I took a half a tablet the second day as I was going back to work and it causes drowniess.  I haven't had to take any more since last Friday (Apr 15) today is Apr 18th.  I just wish I had called them sooner. 
I beginning my fourth week post op, and I am still tired and moving slow, too.  I think maybe we both need to drink more water, take vitamins and my doctor says eat the protein meal replacements however I just can't stomach another one! 

Granny

Monica W.
on 4/17/11 7:59 am - TX
Hi all, I also had my surgery on March 22. As soon as I get off work  I go straight to bed, and I'm even taking 2 vitamins a day? At one point I was taking naps in my office. My mom forced me to start drinking Ensure and the chocolate ones arn't really bad, but they have to be cold. They are packed with vitamins and nutrients givum a try. Best of luck

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 137 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 400 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 427 views