Whatcha eating today VSGers? Sunday...

Ms Shell
on 4/24/11 4:40 am, edited 4/24/11 9:04 am - Hawthorne, CA
Happy Easter to everyone!!  Today I am rejoicing and relaxing.  So last night I saw Prince...OMG....enough said!!  Today I woke up went for a walk with Billy Dee and I'm just vegging.  I haven't eaten and barely drank anything thus far.  Right now I'm nursing a bottle of water, some crystal light with benefiber and leftover coffee.  Not sure if I will LEAVE the house today I'm exhausted...

Ok let me tell you about my dinner.  If you haven't visited Eggface's Blog you are truly doing yourself I disservice.  I have tried MANY of her recipes and I've NEVER been dissappointed and tonight was not different.  So let me just say I didn't make it EXACTLY like her's but it was her recipe in spirit.  It tasted so MUCH like a chicken noodle casserole WITHOUT the noodles.  I was shocked and so was my girlfriend who had some.  NEXT time I'll add onions since I LOVE me some onions!!

LND:  Shelly's Cheesy Cauliflower Casserole w/Chicken
LNS:  Post Prince...more casserole

B:  N/A (well so far water/crystal light w/benefiber/coffee
S:  N/A
L:  3oz Rotisserie Chicken (dark meat); 1/2 cup cole slaw
S:  SF Fudgesicle
D:  1 cup Chicken Vegetable Soup
S:  ??

Water:  Goal 80oz (70oz so far)
Steps:  Goal 8,000 (7,900 so far)
Exercise:  30 sit ups, 30 wall push ups - DONE
Vitamins:  On target
Attitude:  Afterglow of Prince...ahhhh oh yeah Chaka Khan & Sheila E were there too

NEXT...

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

sleeve genie
on 4/24/11 4:44 am - Alhambra, CA
Happy Easter Ms Shell,  i'm so jealous,  love me some Prince.   Well so far all i've had today is coffee and water but will have to eat something soon.  No groceries at the house right now, at least not anything i feel like eating so who knows?  :o) jeani
      the start of my brand new life was on 5/28/10

aka  jeaniwantsasleeve!!                  

Momof2Sweeties
on 4/24/11 4:48 am - NJ
That recipe sounds good..I have never been a cauliflower person but recently tried california mashers and they were really good..great substitute for potatoes so now I am thinking of trying to implement more cauliflower in my food regimen...def will be trying this one...and I love her recipes too...her strawberry canolis are to die for...lol

Shannon

Ms Shell
on 4/24/11 5:45 am - Hawthorne, CA
Shannon I'm RIGHT there with you.  Cauliflower hasn't been one of my BIG favorites.  About 2 weeks ago I found a Chicken Curry recipe on www.allrecipes.com and it used cauliflower (and not potatoes) so according to all the comments they used potatoes.  I made it once with potatoes and carrots and ENJOYED eating those potatoes way to much so then I made it with cauliflower and it DAWNED on me that perhaps the original maker had a "reason" for using cauliflower.  Anyway it was JUST as good.  Then I remembered eggface had a cauliflower casserole and low and behold it was really good and reminded me so much of tuna noodles casserole.

Because of my choice to way limit processed carbs in my life I haven't had a tuna noodle casserole in YEARS.  I will be making one NOW that I see how this turned out.

Hmmm never had her canolis MUST give them a try =)

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

(deactivated member)
on 4/24/11 5:10 am - Castle Rock, CO
Yea.. My appetite's been crazy low the past couple of weeks now, it's gotten less & less as each week goes by. I was able to ear 1/4 cup of soup or curry, some hummus or cucumber slices, chicken or tuna salad n stuff before.. These past 2 wks or so, it's really dwindled down to a couple of protein shakes, a few nuts (almonds or peanuts - a handful fills me up), coffee, tea, hot cumin water (since I'm Freezing all the time!) and some days a 1/4 cup of thin spicy broth w/lots of curry powder for flavor - sometimes I cut a small piece of the Gorton's grilled Tilapia fillet (like 1/2 of one fillet) cut into small pieces into the curry soup (gives me something to chew on).. But I only do this somedays, otherwise mostly just shakes & liquids. I think w/this mixing up of menu & diet, my restriction's gotten stronger too , guess i'll just take good advg of this phase to lose as much as possible in the honeymoon period
faylavi
on 4/24/11 5:18 am - Laurel, MD
**** that I shouldnt... 2.5 coconut shrimp from Outback plus half a baked sweet potato

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

46yrs old  5'4'' HW 306  AW  288  SW 276 CW 192  205                                                  Next goal <199     

BriarRose
on 4/24/11 7:59 am
B scram egg
lots of coffee
L leftover fish and vegies from Friday night
S maybe some chocolate !
D baked chicken, brocoli, bite of roast potato
Briar Rose  
High Wt 300 lbs.  Pre-op Wt loss 34 lbs.   
jakebsmommy
on 4/24/11 9:04 am - Waldorf, MD
VSG on 04/29/13
B EAS Strawberries and Cream Protein Shake
    String Cheese

L Tuna Fish
    String Cheese

D Crab Cake Homade

Lots of crystal light
momokc
on 4/24/11 10:36 am
 Hamburger meat, rice pudding, yogurt smoothie and water, water water

Granny

DragonGirl
on 4/25/11 12:58 am - MN
This post has been cancelled due to the author being under the wagon she fell off of yesterday.
When the Richard Simmons rescue party retrieves her carcass, the author shall post tomorrow!!
  Age 49 Height 5'5" HW/280 SW/250 CW/157  
Behind every success is effort...Behind every effort is passion...Behind every passion is someone with the courage to try.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 268 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 328 views