Oh salad, I have missed you, I'm so glad you're back!

LunaLovegood
on 4/27/11 3:07 am - WA
I have been craving salad since day one.  I hit 12 weeks and went hog wild on the salad :)  Today I got one at work that has all the foods I couldn't have until 12 weeks - cashews, citrus fruit, spinach, and celery.  It has bacon and cheese too, but who cares?  I've been able to eat those for a while.  And my three bites were delicious.  Ironically, I noticed lettuce is kind of a slider food for me, but I didn't get fat eating lettuce (except for those pieces that were coated in ranch dressing :)  And I'm gonna eat an apple slice for a snack.  Woo hoo 12 weeks!!!! 

Weight: Highest 317, Consult 311, Surgery 292, Current 210.8
Weight lost by month: 22, 13, 11, 8, 6, 5, 5, 6, 3, 0, next update 12/5.    
Linda B.
on 4/27/11 3:13 am
I can hardly wait!!!!

didim62
on 4/27/11 3:16 am, edited 4/27/11 3:18 am - Kensington, CT
I think that it's so funny that of all foods, salad was the first thinig that I was really craving in the beginning and still am. I mentioned it to my surgeon and he said that he hears that often. I can't wait for a salad but I won't be cleared for lettuces and raw veggies for another few weeks. Enjoy one for me!!

I used to use "Good Seasons" italian dressing mix and make it with flavored vinagars, water and very little olive oil and it is very delicious!
Didi ..... Sleeved and living my NEW LIFE!!!!

Highest WT 381   Surgery WT (367.8)    Current WT 236
LunaLovegood
on 4/27/11 3:21 am - WA
That's the same way I make my dressing!  Great minds think alike.  Today I'm having raspberry vinagrette, so that's good too ;)  Trader Joe's has a great Sesame Soy Ginger dressing that is fantastic and very low calorie too. 

Weight: Highest 317, Consult 311, Surgery 292, Current 210.8
Weight lost by month: 22, 13, 11, 8, 6, 5, 5, 6, 3, 0, next update 12/5.    
didim62
on 4/27/11 3:31 am - Kensington, CT
The Sesame Soy Ginger sounds good . I'll have to check it out !  Forgot to mention sometimes I puree roasted red peppers with garlic or artichoke hearts and add that to the dressing or a squirt of mustard. I also love hearts of palm in a salad. It really pumps the taste up and I'm always asked to make the salad because of my dressings.   I also found some different flavors at JOB LOT : lemon, lime and chili pepper, and a couple others that I can't remember. YUM.......I can taste it now!! 
Didi ..... Sleeved and living my NEW LIFE!!!!

Highest WT 381   Surgery WT (367.8)    Current WT 236
KrisJ77
on 4/27/11 3:34 am - TX
Sorry you had to wait 12 weeks! I was cleared at 6 weeks!! Love love love salad!!

faylavi
on 4/27/11 3:35 am - Laurel, MD
LMAO because I MISSED salad too. I ate it at 5 weeks out though, I made the assumption that "regular foods" included salad.

Enjoy!

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

46yrs old  5'4'' HW 306  AW  288  SW 276 CW 192  205                                                  Next goal <199     

(deactivated member)
on 4/27/11 3:56 am
OMG! Salad is all I am craving!!! I am 5 weeks out tomorrow and sooo look forward to the day I can have a salad! MMM, spinach and fruits with a great oriental or vinaigrette! Lucky, lucky you! 
BigCaliSmile
on 4/27/11 4:16 am - La Puente, CA
I am so glad you are enjoying how refreshing a salad can be. I am able to have salad and I was really starting to mourn my veggies initally funny I never had realized how much I enjoyed them before. You sound very creative with your food ideas
Bon Appetit'
Jan in Cali,  5ft  Sw 224                       
Elena22
on 4/27/11 4:40 am
I had my first bite of lettuce today, it didn't go well for me though. lol.
~ Elena.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 95 views