Am I the only one?

heardb
on 4/27/11 9:33 am - GA
Anytime I put anything in or near my mouth I just get sick, so ice has been my food and drink of choice.
PaulaS
on 4/27/11 9:37 am - TX
Hey there - we had the same surgery date!
Have you had a follow-up appointment with your Dr.?   What did he/she say?
I would think you would have anti-nausea medicine if needed.   
Are you getting no protein?    That would be a big concern to me.   And, you need to get adequate fluids in so you don't get dehydrated and end up back in the hospital. 

Highest weight, 248#
Surgery weight, 236#
Current weight, 138#
(deactivated member)
on 4/27/11 9:40 am
VSG on 03/14/11 with
Oh boy, you best call your surgeon's office! You need your nutrition and fluids!!!!!
didim62
on 4/27/11 9:42 am - Kensington, CT
That is not good...please call your surgeon! I had a tremendously hard time getting in liquids and still am not at where I should be but at the rate your going you will be dehydrated in no time. I know you know this but your Dr has to do something. Good luck!
Didi ..... Sleeved and living my NEW LIFE!!!!

Highest WT 381   Surgery WT (367.8)    Current WT 236
Backinstride
on 4/27/11 9:43 am
Yes, I would say so. Call ASAP
tanieanie
on 4/27/11 9:55 am - WI
Definetly call and then keep us informed.

glassido2458
on 4/27/11 10:22 am

that happened to me before I left the hospital and they gave me anti-nausea medication. I keep them in my purse and they worked. I would suggest you call your doctor as well. It went away for me but from time to time, I pop one of those pills.

Good luck!

StartW: 311 SurgW: 297 CW: 195 1stGoalW: 175
All things in due time...   

hollsteve
on 4/27/11 11:21 am - Riverdale, GA
I didn't like food for a while find something you can eat and drink and get your protein. there was a nurse at doctor Maciks who told me get unflavored protein powder and mix it with Carnation instant breakfast with no sugar added in the blue box.it help me a lot.

SassyItalian
on 4/27/11 11:53 am - Basseterre, St. Kitts and Nevis
so the common consensus is that we are all concerned, want you to call your doc, and report the response tomorrow!

HW: 258lbs  SW: 240   CW: 140  I am 5 foot 7 and 30 years old               
                 VSG 12/21/10  Plastics: Tummy tuck, breast lift, and augmentation 11/3/11
                                             Soon to be veterinarian!! xoxo

changeiscomingsoon
on 4/27/11 12:35 pm
Not sure if this would help,but lemon did always make it easier to drink etc. I use to use it when I got sick once while pregnant. I still use it every day in my tea. Try it and see. 
Hang in there...the best is yet to come and this WILL  pass.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 75 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 276 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 331 views