Disappointed about work :(

acbbrown
on 4/27/11 6:48 am - Granada Hills, CA
I've been waiting since September to have surgery. It's right around the corner - I have about 4 -6 weeks left to go.

I love my job, but part of it is being moved to different cities/office locations periodically. I just started at my current office 7 months ago, and I love love love this place. I love all the people,my boss is the most wonderful person ever, I have so much freedom, share an office with one other person. I have so much support here, and then...

I have to move to another location in a month. I only know a couple people, I don't even get an office (10 of us share a big room), I have heard bad things about the management there, and some of my co-workers are less than desirable.

I am extremely disappointed that I have to leave all the support and go to an office where I am not going to do well. I have not openly announced my decision to have surgery, but it's not like it can be a secret when I'm sharing a room (no space for private phone calls, nothing). The city im moving to is great, lots of good restaurants, and I will potentially be missing out on a lot of the social outings to make new connections.

I was only going to take 1-2 weeks of for surgery with my current place because my boss is so wonderful, she'd let me go home whenever I needed to, whenever I was tired, etc. Now, I should just take 6 weeks off because i'm not that excited to be there. Hard choices...

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

(deactivated member)
on 4/27/11 6:55 am
That really sucks!  Is it possible you can find out why they are asking you to move yet again in less than a year?  I wonder if they are trying to make the future office similar to the office you are in by putting some of the employees there in hopes of changing the atmosphere?  I'm so sorry you are having to move yet again and hope they can offer you some reasons for doing this.  Perhaps by calling it to thier attention they will change their minds.
acbbrown
on 4/27/11 7:26 am - Granada Hills, CA
I did ask, and basically, my boss basically said they are sending me there to "shake things up" because morale is bad, but not sure how I'm going to help when I'm pissed about it. NO ONE likes this branch, no wonder people hate it and morale is low.

I am a criminal defense attorney, and the work sucks in the city i'm moving to. It's boooooring. Management basically says "we get to make the decisions, and you don't get to complain, so deal with it" There is no transparency what so ever, and the whole agency of 1000 people are unhappy because of it. The downside of government work I guess.

~~~~Alison~~~~~

BriarRose
on 4/27/11 6:58 am
First off, you don't KNOW that you won't do well there; you are speculating. Maybe you will do great !!!! Try looking at all the positive possibilities instead, and see if it doesn't help just a teeny bit.
Briar Rose  
High Wt 300 lbs.  Pre-op Wt loss 34 lbs.   
acbbrown
on 4/27/11 7:30 am - Granada Hills, CA
Yes you are absolutely right. I MIGHT like it, but based on the reports from every one there, it's really really bad, and it's absolutely crushing to my career aspirations. The people there end up not advancing because their are no opportunities to get experience or learn. I know I just have to deal with it, it's not permanent, but it's a very sad day. It's so rare for me to LOVE my boss that I can't imagine moving from here.

~~~~Alison~~~~~

sublimate
on 4/27/11 7:11 am - San Jose, CA
You shouldn't need 6 weeks off for surgery unless you have a very physical job. I had an extremely easy recovery and so do many VSG folks. It's unlikely you'd need that much time off work, so only ask for that much time if you need it. One week off should be good, 2 is more than enough.

Start weight: 388, Current Weight: 185, Goal Weight: 180, Weight Lost: 203 lbs
Certified Nutritionist VSG FAQsublimate: To elevate or uplift.
3/2012 Plastics: LBL, 3 Hernias Fixed, BL/BA, Rhinoplasty & Septum Fix. 6/2013 Plastics: Arm and thigh lift

acbbrown
on 4/27/11 7:21 am - Granada Hills, CA
I know I don't need 6 weeks, but im so pissed about the movement I feel like I should use the short term disability benefits I pay for every month. The reason I didn't want a lot of time of here is because I care about my co-workers and don't want to leave my work for them and stress them out.

I'll get a grip soon and pull of my big girl panties and suck it up, but I'm so disappointed in my office and the management decisions.

~~~~Alison~~~~~

sublimate
on 4/27/11 9:12 am - San Jose, CA
On April 27, 2011 at 2:21 PM Pacific Time, acbbrown wrote:
I know I don't need 6 weeks, but im so pissed about the movement I feel like I should use the short term disability benefits I pay for every month. The reason I didn't want a lot of time of here is because I care about my co-workers and don't want to leave my work for them and stress them out.

I'll get a grip soon and pull of my big girl panties and suck it up, but I'm so disappointed in my office and the management decisions.

I don't believe in telling people to put on big girl panties.. that is such a condescending way to tell people to deal with life's challenges in my opinion.  I don't blame you for wanting to take advantage of the system we all pay into.. I probably would if I could too. :) 

I would also be frustrated in your situation too.. it sucks to have a great job and then be moved around with so little consideration about what you want.. you aren't a person, just a worker and a commodity, you know? I felt similarly when my work forced us to take a furlough week.. why not just cut the bonuses from the big wigs?  Businesses suck sometimes.

I'm sorry you are going through this and I feel you have every right to be upset and share how you feel about this.  Please do not put on big girl panties.. please vent about how you feel.. it's better than eating over it and stuffing down our feelings as many of us do! Hugs...

Start weight: 388, Current Weight: 185, Goal Weight: 180, Weight Lost: 203 lbs
Certified Nutritionist VSG FAQsublimate: To elevate or uplift.
3/2012 Plastics: LBL, 3 Hernias Fixed, BL/BA, Rhinoplasty & Septum Fix. 6/2013 Plastics: Arm and thigh lift

acbbrown
on 4/27/11 9:35 am - Granada Hills, CA
I'm venting, and I'll deal with it. But I've kind of realized I can't sit around and feel sorry for myself too long. I'm going to have to do it, and it's only going to make it worse if I show up at the new office with this attitude.

~~~~Alison~~~~~

MELMEL308
on 4/27/11 7:28 am - PA
Yeah but if the surgeon submits 6 weeks off for her, then she should be entitled to take it.  My surgeon says 4 weeks off, and my work is fine with that.  I am actually going to get short term disability with full pay.. if her Job is like mine, why not take advantage of it?... it's not like she is lying..her surgeon feels 6 weeks is a nice recovery time whether she needs that long or not, its up to the individual. And for me, I am looking forward to being able to spend extra time home with my 14 month old daughter..

I say take the time and enjoy it! Recover, figure out your schedule and new routine with your new sleeved lifestyle, and worry about work after your allocated time (of course as long as it is given by your doctor and your work is not in jeopardy)

Also, I agree with the others, don't get negative, try and stay positive.. Maybe its in the cards to relocate!  I am sure you will meet new people... Only you can decide whether the atmosphere will be a positive experience or not!  Good Luck with everything...:-)
                            ~Melanie~
"Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a beautiful butterfly"                                       
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 93 views