Seriously unmotivated - 4 weeks tomorrow

kalimamasmom
on 5/22/11 2:40 am
So, I don't have the will or energy to do anything!
I am not one to sit still, ever, and I can't get off my butt and do anything.
I do understand there are hormones at play here.  Not sure if it is a nutritional thing, a depression  or hormone thing or what!!!
I see the NUT tomorrow.  Hopefully she can shed some light. 
I actually look forward to not having to go anywhere so I don't have to take a shower and do hair and make-up.  And I only have 1 more week before I go back to 60 hours a week.  I don't think I'll make it!   AHHHHHH!

mysticblue
on 5/22/11 2:45 am
This early out it is common to have fatigue, depression, or just a lack of motivation. It sounds like going back to work will be just what you need to get back into a routine. It might be difficult at first but you will see your energy come back.

After my surgery, I was very fatigued and talked to my nutritionist about it. She actually said it could be either iron deficiency (which I had thought of) or a lack of potassium (which I hadn't thought of). SO I started taking an iron supplement and drank some V-8, which is supposed to have a bunch of potassium, and things got better. Since you are going to your nutritionist, you may want to ask them about this.

It will get better.

Lori H.

BigCaliSmile
on 5/22/11 2:57 am - La Puente, CA
I am not sure if you saw my posts or replies but I felt that way as well about then it was horrible for me. I went to a support group and they reminded me to take b12 for the lack of energy which I think brings on the depression. Just a suggestion but I am glad to say it will pass.
Jan in Cali,  5ft  Sw 224                       
shantele7824
on 5/22/11 3:49 am - SAN PABLO, CA
Sunds like depression to me but I don't know.  You haven't been doing anything so you can't be tired and your not working yet so it can't be from that.  I don't know if you have a family or taking care of someone but It sounds like your depressed and that can happen after WLS, did you have depression issures before surgery.  Thats is good to be seen by a counselor and talk with them.  Good luck...
First Meeting with Surgeon:2/10/2011  weight was 460
Surgery Date:5/03/2011  Weight was 428
Revsion To RNY 06/26/2012 Weight 

sleeve genie
on 5/22/11 5:06 am, edited 5/22/11 9:28 am - Alhambra, CA
I was exactly the same way right after surgery so on my own i went and got some iron and vit c  have to take them together and man,  what a difference it made for me.    Its probably a combination of all the things you listed.   You did just have major surgery and it takes a while for us to bounce back.  I'm sure things will get better soon for you .  :o) jeani
      the start of my brand new life was on 5/28/10

aka  jeaniwantsasleeve!!                  

kalimamasmom
on 5/22/11 9:26 am
I am not allowed to take pills yet...
Is there any chewables you know of?
Also, they released me from the hospital knowing my iron was low.  I guess it wasn't low enough for a transfusion, though...
sleeve genie
on 5/22/11 9:32 am - Alhambra, CA
Wow  at a month out almost and you can't take pills?   i was taking my bp meds, crushed in pudding from day one,  then i started my vitamins at 2 weeks,   at first i cut the pills up but at about a month i could swallow pills whole no problem.   Sorry, don't know of any chewable but its probably a possibility,   Maybe you should talk to your doctor, if they knew your iron was low i'm suprised they didn't address that.   Good luck sweetie  :o) jeani
      the start of my brand new life was on 5/28/10

aka  jeaniwantsasleeve!!                  

OldMedic
on 5/22/11 6:31 am - Alvaton, KY
If I read your avatar correctly, you are almost one month post-op.  You should NOT be that fatigued at this point.

I would be talking to your doctor about this.

Not even being willing to shower, etc. indicates a severe depression, and not a nutritional problem.

A former Army Medic (1959-1969), Registered Nurse (1969-2000), College Instructor (1984-1989) and a retired Rehabilitation Counselor.  I am also a dual citizen of the USA and Canada.

High Weight 412 lbs.                    Date of Surgery 360.5                                 Present  170 lbs   

sldierswife
on 5/22/11 6:39 am
Same here tired, unmotivated. I went for a 45 min walk came home and it just knocked me out! I fell asleep for 2 hours! That's cray for me because before surgery you would have to heavily drug me to sleep while it's day light! I did some yard work yesterday and I slept almost 12 hours last night and I could nap right now if I laid in bed! Crazy! It makes me not wanna do anything.
We have a trip planned this weekend for the kids sea world, San Diego zoo and old Towne San Diego - hubby was concerned I'd be tired so he is renting a wheel chair so that when I get tired I can sit n relax. I am hopin I won't need it it will be sorta embarrassing for me:/

A's far A's depression for me it's the opposite! I have been in such a happy mood since surgery! Crazy happy mood lol
 HW 298 SW 281

Susan M.
on 5/22/11 7:56 am
 I remember reading someone's post that she still needed 9-10 hours of sleep daily even a couple of months after surgery, so I don't worry when I need a nap as soon as I get home from work.  When I feel so exhausted for more than a couple of days, I review my protein intake and usually discover I'm not getting enough.  One month after surgery you may still be having a hard time getting in 64 gs of protein, but you'll work up to that.  Vitamins also sound like a good idea.  Good luck with this.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 98 views