Photos today and a year ago

OnederlandHereICom
e

on 6/8/11 12:44 pm
 I'm not going to leave these up long - but I want to share because this forum has been such a huge source of support over the past few years.

I'll get someone to take some full length shots.

I have taken photos every week since the day of surgery - and it really helps to be able to see progress along the way.  I'll get more photos up as soon as I get a chance.

There's not one bit of buyers remorse here.  I'm not to goal - but I will be soon enough.  Honestly, if I didn't lose another pound I'd be happy - but I'm close and for once in my life I know I can do this.  By the end of summer, I should be there.

You're not going to see swimsuit photos of me because - well just because my skin in some places is not where I want it to be.  But I'm a work in progress and I am not going to kick myself for not meeting unrealistic expectations. 

OK so the photos are on my profile - I can't figure out how to get them here. 

Like the butterfly,  I have the strength and the hope to believe 
In time I will emerge from my cocoon... Transformed. Kirsti A. Dyer, MD, MS

heathermc44
on 6/8/11 12:54 pm - Bremerton, WA
WOW!!  What a difference a year makes.  Way to go and keep up the great work.

shrinkydink1
on 6/8/11 1:01 pm
Leave them up....they are beautiful and very motivational for those of us just getting started. I know you must feel 1000x better now. I cannot wait...Thanks for sharing!
~K~            
cabcab
on 6/8/11 1:06 pm
VSG on 01/06/11 with
You look beautiful.  I'd leave them up, too!

You look so much younger!
    HW: 335.  SW: 318.  CW: 161.0.  Height 5'8.  Age 43.

Valerie K.
on 6/8/11 1:14 pm - Dearborn, MI
 you look amazing way to work that sleeve.
My surgeon gave me the tool. Now it is up to me to use it right.

MediumSoon
on 6/8/11 1:19 pm - TX
What a difference a year makes!! You look terrific!!

OnederlandHereICom
e

on 6/8/11 1:32 pm
 Thank ya'll so much!  I do appreciate it - this forum has been wonderful throughout the last year.  

It's funny, I looked at so many people disappear when I first started here - and I wondered what happened to them - where they getting sick or something?

Then someone told me that as people lost their weight they got busy living their lives and no longer spent as much time here.

Sure enough, that's happened to me.  I pop in every so often, but I'm not here like I used to be.  I'm too busy living.

I will try to start visiting here more often, to pay it forward and try to support people just getting started on this journey.

Thank you OH - I appreciate it more than you can imagine.

Like the butterfly,  I have the strength and the hope to believe 
In time I will emerge from my cocoon... Transformed. Kirsti A. Dyer, MD, MS

vjb1952
on 6/8/11 3:16 pm - Littlerock, CA
VSG on 03/28/11 with
    A toast to your remarkable results!  You look wonderful, and your smile speaks volumes...congratulations!  Thank you for sharing, and it's true...what a difference a year makes, for sure...Best wishes as you continue your journey, Viv 

vjb1952

theshrinkingmimi
on 6/8/11 5:23 pm
Great job, and great blog. I commented but I do think it showed up. I really appreciated it. You are inspiring.
(deactivated member)
on 6/8/11 5:38 pm - Newnan, GA
VSG on 05/04/09 with
Whoooot!!  Go baby, goo!! 
Most Active