NSV-Shopping

frisco
on 7/15/11 7:38 pm

So......we all been there....

Our minds are so accustomed to regular stores not having our size (I was a 4X).......

And wishful thinking......thinking we wear a smaller size....only to try something on in the dressing room and having to do the walk of shame...... getting a larger size......

Yesterday I ran into a store to get a new Dickies Work Shirt..... I have a few in Large....but that was for 50lbs. ago...

I ask the lady for a black short sleeve in medium...........she comes back and has two on hangers for me to try on......hands me the medium.....than hands me another one and says "I think your a small"

Well....she wasn't to wrong....... I got the medium cause I like em a little loose and I like the option of wearing a heavy long sleeve tee underneath.....

So than I see these pants.....nice soft sturdy denim like industrial material.... I ask her for 31's.... she comes back with 32's and says this is the smallest we have... try em on.....I try em on....way to big...I probably need a 30 in these........than she try's to sell me a belt !!!!

I'm still not used to this new dialog......

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

wert
on 7/15/11 8:07 pm - MN
It seems our own body image really takes a hit from years to being fat. I've noticed I'm still feeling larger than I aparently am. I guess it takes a while to re-learn our new sizes.

Isn't it nice to have the sales lady bring smaller clothes than we're ready for? Way to go. 

5'5"  Age 63  HW 212  SW 200 Currently 8 pounds below goal
Jacque 

roundater
on 7/15/11 9:10 pm - Lincoln, NE
Way to go Frisco!! Great NSV victory. Doesn't downsizing feel great?
Rich Sonderegger

Laurie M.
on 7/15/11 9:24 pm - KS
That's Awesome Frisco! Thanks for sharing your story. Having had many a "dressing room meltdown" I look forward to having a better experience shopping for clothes in the near future. Congrats on such a terrific weight loss journey. Your hard work has certainly paid off!

Susan0714
on 7/15/11 9:41 pm - Kenner, LA
That is awesome Frisco.. I too was a 4x ;just went down to a 3x in pants and shirt. And I think I will need a new size in my pants soon..   I am like you too I like my shirts a little big nothing snug..

You are doing so great, and it is great to have someone tell you, I think you are this size.. I cant remember last I wore a small in a shirt.. LOL..

Thank you for all your recipes you share with us on here. Since I have started "regular" foods again, I have been looking through them..

Susan
LilySlim Fitness goals tickers

jengo1971
on 7/15/11 10:02 pm
This new life just keeps getting better and better all the time!

hi there.  pleased to meet you.  ~jennifer                        
Crunchy As Can Be
on 7/15/11 11:45 pm - NY
Woot woot! One time when it's definitely not offensive for a woman to call a man "small" :)

Great job, Frisco!
 ~~Emily~~

Kim_M
on 7/16/11 12:34 am - LaPorte, TX
Way to go Frisco!!!!

First month since VSG 33  2nd 14 lbs 3rd12lbs 4th10lbs 5th10lbs 6th 9lbs 7th 13lbs 8th 13 lbs  9th 2 10th 6 11th bounced 175-180 12th  bounced  13th 2 lb cw(164)      
PBJ
on 7/16/11 1:35 am
Frisco,

Love that story!!  You are a tiny one and it doesn't surprise me that the small fits.  IT is hard to think of ourselves in tiny sizes now isn't it.  I think small clothes fitting is one of the best NSV.

See you Wed at the group!

Patty
My weight loss journey                                                    
Paige V.
on 7/16/11 3:04 am - Gainesville, FL
thats awesome!! =) 
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 76 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 278 views