How many carbs are you consuming pre-op and post-op?

hollykim
on 8/29/11 12:18 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
Sounds like a workable plan and you are on top of it.

When you are ready for beef let me know;I have a great low carb meatball recipe.

ready2Bhealthy2
on 8/29/11 12:40 pm
I am preop and was told numerous times not to worry about my carb intake...but I'm a little smarter than that.  Carbs are the devil to me.  They are so tasty and crunchy and yummy...yep they are what has helped me become morbidly obese.  It has taken me a few months to become very dedicated to this process, but I'm there.  I took advice I was given on this board and have implemented it.  My carb intake on a regular basis is 40 or less.  Since Friday I have dropped that down to 20 or less to cu****er weight for weigh in tomorrow morning.  It has worked wonderfully.  Starting tomorrow I will increase my carbs to 30 and maintain that until surgery and then follow my doctor's plan from there.  I wish you the best of luck on your journey.
HW286/SW269/1mo-20lbs/2 mo-9lbs/3 mo-10lbs

1st Goal - Loss of 50lbs
acbbrown
on 8/29/11 12:41 pm - Granada Hills, CA
I'd say most days I'm around 45-50 g carbs. Sometime (maybe once a week) around 60. usually don't go higher than that. I'm not very "carb senstivite" - I don't crave carbs or have a problem with them. Doesnt seem to have hindered my weightloss much - about 45lbsin 11 weeks.

I dont eat carby bread, pasta, etc. My carbs always come from my protein drinks (sometimes I just want something different/tastes good so I'll have a shake that might have 10-15 g of carbs) or other protein source (milk, etc)

Pre-op ,I lost 85 lbs. Did not count carbs at all, and did not do a consciously low carb diet, but I did eat high protein (Which kind of tips the scale away from carbs but probably ate around 80-100 g of carbs a day - just a guess though)

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Amy 2bhealthy
on 8/29/11 10:06 pm - STL Metro, IL
VSG on 09/13/12
You could try unsweetened almond milk, 35 cal, 0 net carbs, 2.5 g fat per cup. It has a little different flavor and I don't know how much I would enjoy drinking it plain, but it is good in protein shakes. It kinda has a faint butter pecan-ish flavor to me. It helps quite a bit with keeping carbs lower. It is thicker, so I usually mix mine half and half with water.

Amy

Revision: Realize band to VSG....loving my sleeve!! 

TheBiscuit
on 8/30/11 12:26 am - TX
 Do you have a brand name in mind? I'm using Silk almond milk, no flavor. I didn't see any unsweetened or diet options at Target, though.
Amy 2bhealthy
on 8/30/11 12:51 am - STL Metro, IL
VSG on 09/13/12
This is the Silk PureAlmond brand. It says unsweetened right below the brand name. I buy it at Walmart.

Amy

Revision: Realize band to VSG....loving my sleeve!! 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 165 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 441 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 462 views