June Sleevers - how's the hair loss?

Ms. Poker Face
on 9/20/11 12:43 am
Hey all you bright shiny June sleevers... how's the hair loss?

I just started losing more hair than normal about two weeks ago.  It's not drastic yet, but I'm preparing myself for a massive loss coming up.  Hope that doesn't happen, but preparing for it nonetheless.

5'5"    Goal reached, but fighting regain.  Back to Basics.
Start Weight 246    Goal Weight 160    Current Weight 183

Starting size: 22, 2x
Current size: 12, L

BeautyisherGODgiven
name

on 9/20/11 1:03 am
I have not noticed it yet, but I do wear a lot of hair pieces so I would not notice. I will just keep wearing them til next summer so I guess we will see haw bad it gets then
Follow my progress: www.youtube.com/user/livictori                           

Gigi A.
on 9/20/11 1:08 am - Canute, OK
I've had lots of hair loss, too...  Just remember don't stress over it, becuase that makes it worse.  I know I did and now I'm wearing cute hats.

Good luck and keep up the good work....
Gigi from Woodward        
kris B.
on 9/20/11 1:12 am - north bend, WA
No hair loss here. I have went through it before. And it sucks. I've been really trying to be good about meds. I also used to supplement with hair vitamins. It's worth it! Good luck

HW: 350 CW: ? LW: 180 GW: 180?
acbbrown
on 9/20/11 1:17 am - Granada Hills, CA
Well, I lost about 50 % of my hair pre-op, and I'm continuing to lose it. I have bald spots starting to show up. FML. This is despite consuming 80-100g protein/day and taking all my vitamins and stuff. 

I've already decided to start saving for a wig :)

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

dejahsmom096
on 9/20/11 1:44 am
I've had some hair loss, not to bad. I just had it cut short. Will see how it goes.
T.R       

kimbethin
on 9/20/11 2:44 am - CA
Hi,
My stylist says I have no hair loss that she has noticed, but I think more has been coming out in the shower in the last 2 weeks.  ( saw her on friday)  My hair is very thick.  I have been staking biotin pills from walmart daily since July.  I also take the usual  vitamins and get at least 80gms of protein daily.  I switched to wen shampoo that they sell on infomercials and don't blow dry my hair.  I use a straightening iron about 4 times/week.  My stylist is convinced I won't lose hair but it sounds inevitable from what I see here so I'm expecting it any time now.  I guess I'll gladly trade some hair loss for weight loss.  I'm hoping it won't be so noticable when it happens because my hair is so thick.  When does it start to grow back?  I'm a 6/20/11 VSG girl
putting one foot in front of the other...        
gigglegit
on 9/20/11 3:26 pm
 To Kimbethin: WEN is awesome, but you can get exactly the same results with Dollar Store conditioner! I wash my hair using only the kiwi lime V05 clarifying conditioner, and it's healthy, shiny, and CLEAN. You use it exactly like WEN: large amounts of the conditioner, let it set, and rinse VERY well. It might not be for you, but you can buy a years supply of V05 for what one bottle of WEN cost. :) Good luck everybody!
Carly ~
on 9/20/11 3:58 am
 I haven't noticed any difference in hair loss, and my hair is so thin already because of crazy natural curl, this horrifies me.   Hopefully the crazy curls will help mask the hair loss : )
I get the regular amount of hair loss after I shower and comb, but that seems to be about it for now.

mamabear5
on 9/20/11 4:41 am
I am almost 15 weeks out and I am starting to notice alittle more hair coming out at shampooing and brushing...not losing enough to really worry me, atleast not yet...

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 70 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 261 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 325 views