TMI...I think

jovi_34
on 10/14/11 12:40 pm - TX
VSG on 10/11/11 with
Hi everyone!!

I had my sleeve on Tuesday & I haven't been able to move my bowels. I do take benefiber. Since all I'm doing is drinking I figured I won't have one. Has this happened to anyone else? Should I call the Dr. & let them know on Monday!! Not sure what to do.
 Any advice???

Thanks

Jovi
acbbrown
on 10/14/11 12:50 pm - Granada Hills, CA
Start taking stool softeners immediately!!! Maybe 2 a day at least.

I didnt go for 7 days but had no idea to be taking stool softeners. When I went, it was pretty much like giving birth....not fun. I eventually had to use suppositories for a week or two to even go - it was the worse couple weeks ever in the bathroom.

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

mama2girls
on 10/14/11 1:01 pm
Get u some miralax

HW:409  SW:328 CW:185-190 GW: 190, lowest wt:165;

GS Surgery date 8/9/11

Body by Sauceda born 12/9/16

"I'm working on myself, for myself, by myself"

susanraywilliams
on 10/14/11 1:16 pm
Hi Jovi,

Not to worry, you're normal. It can take up to 10 days before a BM. Do get you some miralax.

The reason being is your clear liquids pre-op, nothing but liquids post-op, pain medication can constipate you too. Oh, not to mention all the manipulation your body just went through during surgery.

You will more than likely have a more difficult BM your first time. Just take the miralax, drink your fluids and relax. It will happen. If it takes longer than 10 days, or you are experiencing discomfort that is not gas, call your Dr.

Have a blessed one!

Susan

"Forget past mistakes. Forget failures. Forget everything except what you're going to do now and do it." William Duran

Sweet_56
on 10/14/11 4:49 pm - Saskatchewan, Canada
It took me 6 days post op to have a bm. It was small and mostly liquid (liquids in = liquids out)  I also had to sit for a little while before it happened. It wasn't uncomfortable or anything... You aren't comsuming a great deal at this point anyway and your body is absorbing the majority of the fluids your taking in.

All the best
Cher

LilySlim - Personal pictureLilySlim Weight loss tickers 
My Video Log...  Follow as this Fat Canadian Shrinks!! 
www.youtube.com/user/TheShrinkingCanadian

Punkinchan
on 10/14/11 5:16 pm
Miralax!  That stuff is a lifesaver!!!

dawn S.
on 10/15/11 12:24 am - NJ
Hi Jovi... I had mysleeve on tues also and like you, no bowel activity.  I am on a full liquid diet so I think its all being used by my kidneys instead.  I don't think there is anything to worry about unless you feel obstructed.  I dont go to my doc til tues to have drains removed so liquid clears until then.. ugh I want a piece of cheese LOL   Dawn
  HW: 245  SW:225.5  GW:165

jovi_34
on 10/15/11 8:17 am - TX
VSG on 10/11/11 with
Hi
How have you been doing with this whole process? I don't feel obstructed or the need to use the restroom. Also full liquid being used by my kidneys. I have soreness & at times pain on my left side. I had two drains, the JP & a pain bulb. They took out the JP & I took out the pain one.

Girl I know wish I can have that piece of cheese 2...well string cheese thats what me & my baby eat..LOL  On day 8th. I can introduce creamy soups I just read!! woot woot

Good luck & keep in touch on your progress!! I'm here for you for support in anything that arises!! We all support eachother thats what I like about this website!!

Jovi
dawn S.
on 10/15/11 9:58 am - NJ
Hey there... I think I am doing super so far.. pain in my mid section incision very bad if I move too fast but other wise ok.  Got my nails done on thursday, went to the Harley dealer yesterday and shoprite, today decorated and cleaned alittle and went to antique mall.. love that place! still want the darn cheese and yes sooo excited for tuesday and the cream soup phase! KIT.. be well :)  Dawn
  HW: 245  SW:225.5  GW:165

jovi_34
on 10/16/11 1:00 pm - TX
VSG on 10/11/11 with
LOL Hi!!

Yes that cheese. Everytime I give my son a string cheese I get jealous!! And the thing is I'm not even hungry. lol Wonder when I'll get my appetite if ever. Glad your pain is tolerable. I'm the same, so I move s l o w..lol Today was my first day out to Arlington to see family here in Texas & I did very well. Just a bit scared after Thursday my parents leave back to Florida & they have been great with my 21 month old!! My husband goes back to work in a week also. So I'll have to see how "we" do.  

Take care

Jovi
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 265 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 327 views