I just can't do it

denebbers
on 11/2/11 12:45 am - Townsend, MA
VSG on 10/13/11 with
Hello Peeps!

I have tried and tried to stomach the protein drinks, everythign from OH YEAH, to bariatric eating, to Unjury- specially that unflavored one. I have my husband sneak it in my broths, soups and creamy soups and I can still taste it!! it's soo gross :( I cant add it to my pudding or hot cocoa- anything! i dont know how i'm going to do it to get my protein in if I can stomach any of the stupid powders/ drinks. The only one I can drink is the Costco Premium Chocolate.. but it's starting to get old. I start creamed food this weekend. Any suggestions? How the heck do I start loving these proteins things ??

Thanks !!

Deneb

J.e.t.
on 11/2/11 12:54 am
 Have you tried the Click Latte or Espresso?  It's the only one I can't taste it in.  I actually like the Click, especially if I add some soy vanilla, makes it taste like a starbucks frappuccino.  I pretty much can't stand any of the others.
HW 263, 3lbs lost prior to surgery,  weight loss ticker is since surgery.

SassyItalian
on 11/2/11 1:53 am - Basseterre, St. Kitts and Nevis
love the click shakes too, though I wonder if they are good for the  newly sleeved because they have a fair amount of carbs and also alot of caffeine which can dehydrate? did you drink them soon out and were you ok with it?

i love both flavors and have one every morning in place of a starbucks, just like you said.

HW: 258lbs  SW: 240   CW: 140  I am 5 foot 7 and 30 years old               
                 VSG 12/21/10  Plastics: Tummy tuck, breast lift, and augmentation 11/3/11
                                             Soon to be veterinarian!! xoxo

(deactivated member)
on 11/2/11 12:56 am
maybe try a brand like syntrax / matrix that is aspartame free?
i found out i'm very sensitive to artificial sweetners & was the cause of me dumping MANY tubs of protein powder over the yrs.

Tina C.
on 11/2/11 1:50 am - Stacy, MN
I am also very sensitive to artificial sweeteners!!!  Had like 1/4 cup of a premade protein drink the other day and I got to feeling really yucky!!!  Including headache...I am hoping to have my surgery this December and would like to try a few or know of a few options ahead of time.

(deactivated member)
on 11/2/11 2:14 am
netrition has a 13 sample pack of syntrax to test & try what flavors you may like best:

www.netrition.com/

acbbrown
on 11/2/11 12:59 am - Granada Hills, CA
I really hate powders as well, but Im managing. For the first 2 months, i drank Premier shakes almost exclusively. And then I discovered that the Muscle MIlk light in the BOTTLE (and not the carton) is good - so I added that.

Now that i'm a little further out, I get soy or egg white protein in vanilla flavor and throw it in the blender with a few strawberries and unsweetened soy milk. I cant taste the protein powder much and it's pretty good.

I can tell you i will never drink a protein powder simply mixed with a liquid. It has to be pre-made or in the blender. Just be careful with the blender thing for now - i couldnt tolerate the texture/air until about 4 mo out.

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

BriarRose
on 11/2/11 1:00 am
I never did. Hated every second. The only thing I managed was adding unjury chicken soup flavored to strongly flavored, well seasoned soup. And the minute I managed to be able to eat greek yogurt, soft eggs, ricotta cheese, pureed chicken and pureed fish, THAT was the last time I let that stuff in my mouth ! I ate protein non-stop. (ok, I did drink one soup a day for a while)

Pretty oon you will be eating food, and just think....a boneless skinless chicken thigh has something like 20gr of protein ! Of course, it might take you 2 meals or more to eat it !!!

Try pureeing baked chicken with some low fat, low salt broth, and adding it to soups and things when you are allowed to do so.

Briar Rose  
High Wt 300 lbs.  Pre-op Wt loss 34 lbs.   
alibri2
on 11/2/11 1:03 am
 I use the SYNTRAX/Nectar protein powder and they have a sample packet that you can order before you go buy the whole big tub...  The chocolate protein shakes really got old quick 

Amy D.
on 11/2/11 1:05 am
 Try it with C4 Tea & Lemonade mix made with Splenda!!   The taste from the tea and Lemonade helps tremendously with covering up that taste!!

VSG 11-8-11      HW 327       SW 255   Mo.1-25 lbs  loss  " I think that everything happens to me for a reason. The hard times that I go through build character, making me a much stronger person.?
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 61 views