Joined the GYM!!

cdarragh
on 12/11/11 9:38 am - Abilene, TX
Sooooo, I went and joined the gym this week! I went and did my first ever yoga class on Friday resulting in me not being able to move yesterday and today!! LOL I am still beyond sore!! But I signed up to start training with a personal trainer twice a week starting this week! I'm not looking forward to to the soreness but I know it's what I need!! I'm also not looking forward to working out at 5:30 in the morning but it's really the only time that I could commit to!

On a side note, STILL stuck in my stall!! The dang scale has not moved from 280 in two weeks! Soooo aggravating!!
HW: 355 SW: 322 GW: 160 HT: 6'1"

LollyOlly
on 12/11/11 9:50 am - NJ
Me too.  Here is a link to my post yesterday.  The responses were helpful, especially since we are still early out post op.  I really did enjoy having the trainer to help start out and he now knows nearly as much about me as my doctor. lol

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/vsg/4480328/So-sick-after- workout/

cdarragh
on 12/11/11 10:15 am - Abilene, TX
Hey thanks for sharing this link!! They definitely did have some good thoughts to consider. I already plan on talking to the trainer about working my way into more physical activities. I told them at the initial assessment meeting that I don't always meet my requirements so I would have to go a lil easy at first! Best of luck to you!!

Davis205
on 12/11/11 9:52 am
Hang in there. You are one brave women. lol. The personal trainer. The gym I go to I see the personal trainer working with people and it hurts me so much just to watch. But you are right down deep inside I know thats what I really need. Maybe soon and good luck with yours.

acbbrown
on 12/11/11 9:53 am - Granada Hills, CA
Good for you!

Id recommend setting some fitness related goals to keep you motivated and also keep a log of your workouts - one thing that REALLY helps me when im stalled or just feeling like crap is to look back at my progress. When I look and see that my first whole mile took me 30 minutes and now I can run a mile in 12 mins, that's more important than any number on the scale and really motivates me to get my butt up and go to the gym.

Once you start working out, avoid the scale for a while. It probably will not reflect the effort you are putting out and can be frustrating. It's not unusual for me to go up after a workout.

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

cdarragh
on 12/11/11 10:18 am - Abilene, TX
Getting to the point where I'm able to run is one of my goals! Thanks for the advice!

Eula "Evie" R.
on 12/11/11 10:01 am - Mount Nebo, WV
Hi,
So proud of you joining the gym. You will love it! The first times I lifted weights I could hardly move for a few days. Don't worry about the stall, it happens to all of us, it will be ok, you will start losing again. Keep up the good work.

God Bless
Evie

vacationlover
on 12/11/11 10:18 am
Krazydoglady
on 12/11/11 11:01 am - FL
Awesome! You'll learn to love that pain and find it satisfying. 

Carolyn  (32 lbs lost Pre-op) HW: 291, SW: 259, GW: 129.5, CW: 126.4 

abrown8434
on 12/11/11 11:36 am - VA
That is AWESOME! You will find that the gym is very helpful in your loss--if not pounds definitely tightening up and losing inches!

As far as the scale, that is the way the game goes. WLS can only help so much and the way we eat can really make the metabolism think we're starving and shuts down. All you can do is keep the faith and wait.

Best of luck to you. Keep up the good work!

HW: 550+     SW: 502      CW: 342.4  SDt: 9/20/11

"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."--
Philippians 4:13, KJV

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 91 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 311 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 361 views