Any Feburary Sleevers or over 6 months out???

bpeete06
on 12/19/11 2:21 am
This after honeymoon phase is no joke. It seems like right after I hit 6 months....weight loss has flat lined. I finally got tired of being in the 270's b/c in all honesty  I want to lose about 70-90 more lbs....what are you guys doing to push past the ultra fast moving stage. I've limited myself to 600-800 calories and tons of water mayber 9-10 glasses a day...what are you guys doing???? I really want to meet my goal. I started out at 351 pre op lost 20 lbs before surgery and now as of this morning down to 273....what gives??? Also how do you control your head hunger? Im sinking fast and ultra depressed.
tsicotte
on 12/19/11 2:40 am
I had my surgery the day after you. I have been exercising 3-4 times a week. Either walking or elliptical, Head hunger is a serious thing!!! I try to occupy myself with something else. I also talk to myself alot!! I tell myself yes you want that cracker but really it is not good for you and it will slow your progress. I have a battle with myself everyday to avoid those moments of weakness. It is a struggle but you have to keep telling yourself that you are worth it and you will win this battle!!! Good Luck :)

acbbrown
on 12/19/11 2:44 am - Granada Hills, CA
There really is no such thing as a honeymoon phase - maybe for RNY where they have a limited window of malabsorption, but not for the VSG.

Just some things to remember -

1) As you get smaller, you will burn fewer calories just to survive. Sometimes, you have to adjust your intake or increase your output to account for that difference.  Also make sure you eat regular meals so you dont slow your metabolism down.

2) Weight loss slowing down IS part of the process, and patience is required.

3) Sometimes we get comfortable and complacent and stop tracking all together or stop tracking little bites here and there. Tracking every little bite will probably be required to get to your goal. If you are not doing that, start up.

4) Protein vs carbs - you mentioned you are eating 600-800 calories - of what? What are your protein levels. As time goes on, its easier to forget protein first.

5) Exercise - that's one way to get to goal.

As for the head hunger, you do have to constantly be aware of it. If you eat on a schedule, and dont go too long between meals and snacks, you should be able to figure out if you are actually hungry vs in your head. One thing ive had to learn is it is actually okay to be hungry, so if I need to take 20 minutes to figure out if im "actually" hungry vs just imagining it, Ill be okay. Have a glass of water or do something to distract yourself until you figure it out.

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Mom4Jazz
on 12/19/11 3:03 am
Are you watching your protein and carbs? I found upping my protein helped. Be careful of carbs and especially careful of simple carbs. Even fruit can be a killer.

I'm tracking everything I eat on myfitnesspal.com (it's free, there are others folks use but I like that one). I'm also working out at least 3 times a week - I shoot for 600+ calories burned in a workout.

As for head hunger, I eat on a schedule, small meals spaced only a couple hours apart. When I have head hunger, I just remind myself I'm due to eat soon and have something to drink.

Highest weight: 335 lbs, BMI 50.9
Pre-op weight: 319 lbs, BMI 48.5
Current range: 140-144, BMI 21.3 - 22

175+ lbs lost, maintaining since February 2012

bpeete06
on 12/19/11 3:17 am

I just stated this 600 cals. but I'm very concious of carbs and proteins and try to get at least 60- 70 g of protein so I only eat meats and cheeses and things like that. I guess i need to start working out then maybe thats what it is. I could have so much better and I hate that I feel like Im so far behind. I work in an environment where there is always some food around so I had a tesy tiny bit of cheesecake lastnight and felt horrible. Im really trying though but the head hunger keeps haunting me if I see something really tasty and yummy.

sleevegirl
on 12/19/11 3:48 am - Austin, TX
I'll be 6 months in 2 days. I've lost 1 pounds in two weeks. Ugh. It's my fault though and I know it... I got rid of the offending food from my house and got my butt back into the exercise routine. I know it will show up on the scale soon.

Candy from Austin, TX  |   Website  |  MyFitnessPal  |  My OH Blog

5'6" / HW 375 / SW 355 / CW 150 / Maintaining 155-159 - Goal Reached! 225 Pounds Lost

cannonkb
on 12/19/11 5:17 am - SC
It is hard, I won't lie.  I have to constantly watch myself now because it is so easy to fall back into old patterns.  I find myself wanting to reward myself because I have done so well and I have to admit that it is usually food.  I working hard to try and get out of that mindset.  I have also been reminding myself that while I am proud of myself and how far I have come I'm still not at the finish line yet and I have to put my head down and dig deep.  I find breaking it up into 1 week intervals works well for me.  For instance, I only look at one week at a time and set a goal for myself to get thru the whole week without cheating.  If I look further out I get overwhelmed and frustrated.  I really understand the depression right now because even though I have lost alot I am not happy with how my body is looking right now.  I just keep reminding myself it isn't all about how I look but about being healthy.  I find one thing that is very important is writing down/tracking everything that goes in your mouth, even if it is only a bite.  You would be amazed how many calories are in just a bite of some things.  Hang in there! We are all on the same journey just some will get to the destination faster!

Newme.1
on 12/19/11 9:40 am
 I am 7 months out and could really tell the difference when I hit the 6 month mark also, then I remembered SOLID protiens first and veggies second and amazing enough I lost another 10 pounds in 2 -3 weeks, we just have to remind ourselves and stay on the program and we will do just fine.  Mine has come off what I would consider slow but I have to remember as long as I go down and not back up I am doing just fine.  

Ohcam
on 12/19/11 11:19 am
I second AC brown and mom4jazz....

.....I'm 7 months out (pics & update coming when RL permits) and I was beginning to slow down in loss. This was mostly due to a combination of (1) getting lazy with tracking, (2) deviating slightly from the program and (3) slacking on the exercise. For weeks, I was hovering at 175. The Friday before last I went back to basics (plan meals ahead/record everything/identify the head hunger/ gym 50min a day) and I'm down to 166.

......you have the know how. Just be diligent, but also be patient; you will make goal!! I like cannon's idea of taking it one week at a time. Its manageable, and you will be less "emotionally" fatigued (instead of saying I need to lose x lbs to goal; this week I aim to lose 3lbs). Let us know how it goes....we're all in this together!
 HW: 332  PrOW: 285 SW:266  CW:149 GW:140  5'3" 27
   LilySlim Weight loss tickers
Ohcam
on 12/19/11 11:32 am
ps...(again seconding mom4jazz) when I have moments where I feel the head hunger is coming on strong, I reach for something to drink; preferably a bottled water with these Benefiber packets (tasty and sugar-free!). Its a win-win-win situation (counter head hunger/fill up tummy - get in fluids - get in fiber). If it weren't so cold, I'd also suggest S/F popsicles.... 

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 63 views