Love My FitBit

rhearob
on 4/14/12 3:34 am - TN
 OK, so I have been using Realize My Success to track food and exercise since my surgery in November.  I got a letter this week telling me that they were discontinuing the service as of may 31st.  Relying on the input I had seen on here I switched over to myfitnesspal.com.

To help keep better track of my exercise on there, I also bought the litlle fitbit pedometer.  The Exercise Physiologist at my center also uses them with her cardiac patients.  I heard second hand that she loves them.  I am loving how it works so far.  I just come within 15 feet of my computer and it sync's to fitbit's web site and then to MyFitnessPal.  Thats pretty awesome.

The only thing I have noticed is that FitBit and MyFitnessPal disagree on the calorie estimate for different activities.  The calories the MyFitnessPal logs are usually quite a bit lower than FitBit's estimate.  I am thinking that FitBit must calculate calories in the scientific sense instead of Kilocalories that we typically think of as food Calories.

Anyway, I have only been using it for a couple of days.  Do any of you have any longer experience with the FitBit?

VSG: 11/2/2011; LBL+Thigh Lift+BL: 10/3/2012; Brach+Mastopexy:  7/22/2013

Marcia B.
on 4/14/12 3:42 am - CA
I am now on my second fitbit LOL as I broke the last one.  But I have had mine for about 9 months now and I LOVE IT!

I use the fitbit site to enter my calories and info :) I like how it charts it all together...

if you need a buddy on fitbit site... add me - [email protected] - I am also on myfitnesspal.com - marciab30 (but I don't log in there very often hahahaha)
Philippians 4:13 -  I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

newme2011-2012
on 4/14/12 3:43 am
I have been using one for over a year. Love it!!
I just got the new ultra..
I love how it syncs with myfittnesspal
I like how the new one tracks stairs and hills . I live in a split level house and I go up and dwn the stairs ALOT!
Julie
  Highest weight 330 - GW 150  

rhearob
on 4/14/12 3:44 am - TN
 The ultra was the one I got.  13 floors yesterday and 22 so far today!  

VSG: 11/2/2011; LBL+Thigh Lift+BL: 10/3/2012; Brach+Mastopexy:  7/22/2013

louisamay
on 4/14/12 5:29 am, edited 4/14/12 5:33 am
VSG on 04/27/12
How is the Ultra different?  The one on Amazon doesn't seem to be an ultra but I get free shipping there.

Oh, never mind! It's also an Ultra; the description wasn't clear at first.

[I'm not gaining weight. I keep lowering my goal!] [I LOVE MY SLEEVE!]

louisamay
on 4/14/12 4:35 am
VSG on 04/27/12
You've convinced me that I want one!

[I'm not gaining weight. I keep lowering my goal!] [I LOVE MY SLEEVE!]

diane S.
on 4/14/12 6:34 am
i love my fitbit even though i hate all exercise. it helps me remember to do the little stuff like parking the car further away and leaving it while walking several errands etc. lost mine the other day and had to rush out and get a new one!  they have them at Target.  diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Pkrplyr777
on 4/14/12 10:53 am - CT
I love my FitBit!
The web site and the device are great!
customer service is the absolute best I've ever had.

donna
  HW/233 *  SW/212 * CW/133 *GW/132 * 100 Pounds of FAT gone FOREVER!

Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple~Dr.Suess            
Marcia B.
on 4/14/12 11:41 am - CA
My friend lost her fitbit on a cruise and she got ahold of customer service and they sent her a new one no questions asked.  The customer service is awesome.
Philippians 4:13 -  I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 177 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 451 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 475 views