I don't want to crash and burn

jspurple
on 4/14/12 4:54 am - fairburn, GA
VSG on 04/11/12
Had surgery on Wednesday and came home Friday. My mouth and sleeve only tolerates popsicles. Ive tried isopure drinks; water with Moo but they give me the foamies and I start to spit. I am only suppossed to have clear liqids but I'm boy sure if popsicles all day will keep me hydrated.

AnnMarie
on 4/14/12 5:04 am
VSG on 04/10/12
Have you tried some warm broth? warm decaf tea? jello?
Hang in there!

AnnMarie  vsg 4/10/12 Age: 41, Height: 5'2ish
       Banded '04 PreOp BMI 64, PreOp for VSG: BMI 55, SW BMI: 50 

(deactivated member)
on 4/14/12 5:15 am - GA
RNY on 04/10/12
 Im the opposite I can make myself tolorate the shakes, some water and even the vitamins, however today my lips are dry and Im feeling kind if weak after my 1st outting to the grocery store. I dont know but I'm definitly trying to hydrate myself. I'm going to have my hubbie get me some popsicles :) That's the only thing I didn't get.
jspurple
on 4/14/12 5:12 am, edited 4/14/12 5:12 am - fairburn, GA
VSG on 04/11/12
The smell of the beef broth makes me gag. I will try some chicken broth later. Jello sits heavy but it goes down
Everchanging
on 4/14/12 5:37 am - NY
VSG on 03/13/12
Try some peppermint tea,That really helped me the first few days.

I'm on a Everchanging journey.       

acbbrown
on 4/14/12 5:58 am - Granada Hills, CA
 I make my own pospsicles with protein mixes - you can freeze isopure, or your protein shakes, or i even free greek yogurt with SF preserves. :)

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

moonglo82
on 4/14/12 7:10 am
VSG on 03/29/12
The first few days, I lived off of chicken broth, Powerade Zero, Vitamin Water Zero, Crystal Light, and jello.

Just a thought about the Mio... you may be using too much of it, or not enough. I couldn't tolerate straigh****er immediately post op, and anything that did not change the water enough for my sleeve did not sit right. Can you try diluting it more, or adding more Mio, to see if that helps?

It will get better. As you heal, you'll find that things you couldn't tolerate a few days ago start to go down easier.

Highest weight: 277 Starting Weight: 250  Surgery Weight: 241  Current Weight: 130

Goal Reached in 10.5 months :)

VeeBee
on 4/14/12 7:32 am - OH
VSG on 01/23/12
decaf hot tea with splenda and dried powdered milk for protein really hit the spot for me postop...still does 12 weeks out. Take Care.
jspurple
on 4/14/12 8:37 am - fairburn, GA
VSG on 04/11/12

Thanks everyone for the suggestions.  I tried some hot tea with a small amount of sugar and was able to get 8 ounces over some hours.  I decided to break out my chicken soup unjury sample and have sipping that.  I feel much better now. Its not 64 ozs, but it's a start.  I also had three popsicles today. 

byoungatheart
on 4/14/12 8:39 am - Seattle, WA
VSG on 04/02/12 with
 crystal light pure, decaf tea, chicken broth for the whole first week for me.   warm liquid went down better for me.  But I have the gurgles with anything bu****er.  Jello sat heavy for me too.  Now I am on full liquids and have different soups, proasis protien bullets, jello and liquids.  I have only had one popsicle - keep forgetting about them and you have to hunt to find some without artificial sweetners in the them.  I like the idea of making my own!

Starting weight 289, Pre-Op 274, Month 1: 252, Month 20 - 173  -   find me on myfitnesspal: newme1875

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 95 views