Unjury questions

louisamay
on 4/19/12 7:40 am
VSG on 04/27/12
Has anybody tried the Unjury Chicken Broth? What's it like?

The Unjury Unflavored?  Is it sweetened at all, or do you add it to anything you want, sweet or savory?  How does that turn out?

And as for the sweeteners, one of them said it was sweetened with Sucralose which makes me uneasy.  I would rather add a bit of sugar or honey myself than use any artificial sweeteners or low cal sweeteners.  Stevia's aftertaste makes me gag, and the other stuff gives me headaches.

[I'm not gaining weight. I keep lowering my goal!] [I LOVE MY SLEEVE!]

ND2BTHN
on 4/19/12 7:52 am - Canada
VSG on 01/16/12
 Yes. Many people here loved the chicken broth, but I personally hated it. I still have a sample pack, and refuse to use it. To me it tasted like boxed dry chicken noodle soup, but with a weirder taste. I also found keeping it warm to be a challenge, and the taste, didn't make the effort worth it for me.

I have the unflavoured too. I use it occasionally. I does have a protein taste, just not a sweet flavoured one. I used it in my jello, and SF pudding in the soft stage, and it can be added to sauces. 

I have used Stevia sweetener before, but I wasn't too crazy about it, so I sometimes, use a hint of honey, but otherwise no sweeteners.

HW: 235   SW:227   Preopw:218   GW:120   HT:5'3  
Allison B.
on 4/19/12 7:56 am - Canaan, ME
VSG on 01/09/12
 I liked the Unjury chicken broth.  I am not a big sweets person and it was a welcome relief after all the popsicles, Jell-O's, Crystal Lights, and super duper chocolatey chocolate or sweet vanilla protein shakes.
aled1223
on 4/19/12 9:13 am
 I just ordered their sample pack so i can try things before i buy a big amount.  My surgery is June 25.
victoria3
on 4/19/12 9:52 am - Douglassville, PA
The unflavored has no flavor.  I use it in my coffee everyday and add Splenda. 

SkinnyJeansSoon
on 4/19/12 10:09 am
I tried a million protein powders before I ordered unjury. Thank goodness I  found it. I use the choc. splendor in my coffee every morning since I was 2 months post op and haven't had to do a nasty shake since then. I look forward to my yummy creamy coffee every morning and sometimes have 2. I now run out of the powder too fast and am stuck a couple of days without it which stinks..

(VSG - 10/20/2011)
HT: 5'9

AmberK
on 4/19/12 11:16 am
VSG on 03/07/12 with
 Glad I'm not the only one who does not like Stevia! I think it taste like sweet in low, which I can't stand. I tried Unjury and although I didn't dislike it, I didn't like it enough to drink it every day. 

I have however found Syntrax Matrix Mint Cookie. It is wonderful! 

VSG 3/07/12     HW:260   SW: 249   CW:164  

INgirl
on 4/19/12 12:16 pm
I had the Syntrax mint cookie for the first time today, it is amaaazingly good!
Hope Y.
on 4/19/12 7:45 pm - Harrison, MI
VSG on 01/23/12
I didn't care for the Chicken Soup at all but I don't care much for salty things.  To me, it was like very salty chicken broth.

The unflavored is pretty much unflavored but remember - you're never going to find a true "unflavored" protein powder, all that means is it doesn't have a chocolate/vanilla/mint/etc taste to it.  I have put it in sweet things, like yogurt, and it was alright (might have been better if I'd let it sit longer) and have put it in my own broth with much better results.

I love the Unjury Chocolate Splendor.  It seems all the proteins are flavored with some form of artificial sweetener and I have the best luck with Splenda, which is what the chocolate splendor is (the vanilla is splenda, or sucralose, also).  The other flavors are flavored with aspartame.  I can't stand Stevia, Sweet and Low or Equal, so Splenda seems to work best for me.  Pre surgery, I was a HUGE sweets addict, and I hesitate to add sugar or honey to anything, as I'm waiting as long as absolutely possible to wake up my roaring sweet tooth!  For now, a chocolate frappe made with chocolate splendor and coffee satisfies me and I want to keep it that way :)

Sleeved - 1/23/12       Starting weight - 331                  Current weight - 195  

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 116 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 342 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 394 views