I'm a believer now.

June W.
on 5/1/12 1:22 am - Phoenix, AZ
VSG on 04/12/12
Three week stall. It is a reality. It has to have something to do with going from full liquids to mushies. I'm still in my caloric range and getting all of my protein in, but the scale stays put for days and days.

No complaining here. I knew it would happen and now I understand the joy of just doing what I'm going to do everyday without worrying about what the scale is gonna say in the morning.

Cortnee Z.
on 5/1/12 2:14 am, edited 5/1/12 2:14 am - Murrieta, CA
VSG on 04/04/12
I am having the SAME problem!! I have been at the same weight since my 2 week check up (I am 4 weeks out tomorrow) and nothing has changed!! I did finally take something to help me 'go' and I think that may help! Plus I am starting to walk and stuff this week more too!! 

I am hoping and praying this will not last long! I agree that I feel I was doing great on liquids. Still trying to drink a lot but it's REALLY hard!!

Hope we can get through this soon!! Good job staying positive!!

Take care   
Cortnee 

"Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn" Harriet Beecher Stowe

Blog: 
http://mysleeveandme.blogspot.com     MFP: CortneeZ
sgidden
on 5/1/12 2:27 am - Newnan, GA
RNY on 08/09/16
We Will be strong and hang in there.  I am right there with you!

TRISH S.
on 5/1/12 2:31 am
VSG on 07/03/12
I so agree with that. I haven't had surgery yet, but hoping to very soon. I don't want to weigh every morning. Its like dragging the scale throughout your day. Im sure I might think differently after, but I do hope I can manage to once a week. Guess time will tell. I am so happy to hear all the losses both weight and nsv's on this sight. It gives me hope. Thanks to all !!
rhearob
on 5/1/12 2:43 am - TN
 Dr. Houston will want you to weigh every morning, so will Pam.  It's about developing accountability and a good habit.  Others will tell you once a week.  

For me, I couldn't not do it every day.  I am too curious and too much of an engineer.  My personality would not let me do it any less than daily.  

The trick is to realize that the scale is, paradoxically, the one thing you can't control.  All you can really control is your diet and your exercise.

BTW, do you have a MyFitnessPal account yet?  You can friend me on there with the same user name.  I share my journals with friends and we can encourage each other there as well.

VSG: 11/2/2011; LBL+Thigh Lift+BL: 10/3/2012; Brach+Mastopexy:  7/22/2013

rhearob
on 5/1/12 2:40 am - TN
I am sure that there is some complex biochemical explanation of stalls.  You just really have to accept that they happen and the only real thing you can do with them is to stay on plan.

Some peole have really horrendous stalls that last weeks on end.  Some people, they just last for days.  I seem to fall in the middle.  Mine usually happen around every 50 or so lbs and last a few days (usually around 5).  Of course they pick just the worst times to happen, like right before a goal or a check up.

You have the right attitude, Don't focus on the scale, focus on your eating and your exercise.  That damn stall will break.

VSG: 11/2/2011; LBL+Thigh Lift+BL: 10/3/2012; Brach+Mastopexy:  7/22/2013

mjtierra
on 5/1/12 6:15 am - CA
VSG on 03/08/12
I had a stall at week 2 thru week 3.. I just stuck to my plan and it broke.. Then I just had it again at week 7.. I am pre-menopausal and I think thats what sent my body into a chemistry unbalance that week (if you know what I mean, the old monthly was trying to come, LOL), then the stall broke after exactly 7 days.. now I have lost a pound each day..

I know it sounds like a broken record, but stick to your plan.. I'm still on 400-600, more towards the 600 cal mark. , 60-80 gm protein, under 40 gm carbs (avg. 25gm), I exercise 4-5 days a week. If you are sticking to your plan, the stalls will come and go and will be worth the wait. I did freak out at my first one, and was obsessing on this website trying to read every post about stalls. In general, everyone was saying sticking to your plan. I did. Now when this 2nd one happened I waited with excitement for it to break and see the lbs start to come off.. So make it fun for yourself...

You will do great, the sleeve really works!!!

gettinghealthy12
on 5/1/12 2:41 pm
VSG on 04/11/12
i think i am starting a stall as well . it's been 3 days so far , and i started soft foods 3 days ago , So , I guess I will stick with the plan and see what happens, Hang in there!
Gettinghealthy12    
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 95 views