Does this happen to you?

Jackie F.
on 6/1/12 7:14 am - Pico Rivera, CA
VSG on 03/09/12
Hello to all! I'm just a few days shy of my 3rd month anniversary and something wired is going on and I'm wondering if this has happened to others.

I have stayed on plan since day one. Yesterday after I jogged for 2 miles non-stop for the first time since 1999 (Yah me!!) I decided to reward my self. My hubby and I went to the local Rite Aid to get an ice crème. Previous to yesterday if I had the urge for ice crème I would go with a sugar free/fat free frozen yogurt or something like that. Since I was rewarding my self I decided to go with my all time favorite Chocolate malted crunch ice crème. After just a few licks/bites I instantly felt sick to my stomach, nauseous, hot flash feeling. I stopped eating the ice crème and as soon as I got home not more then 5 min later I was vomiting up the ice crème. I then had a pounding headache so I washed up and went to bed. This morning I woke up still feeling nauseous and had "bubble guts"(loud noises in my tummy & diarrhea type pains) I made my shake but could not drink it, I tired a spoonful of Greek yogurt and spit it out. Its now 2pm and still have not been able to eat anything. I'm only able to drink water. Do you think this is because of the ice crème from last night or is loosing you appetite pretty normal?

Your thoughts?
HW: 275 GW: 130

Tracasa
on 6/1/12 7:29 am
My guess is too much sugar! Try sipping room temp tea peppermint or ginger.

RobynNOLA
on 6/1/12 7:40 am - New Orleans, LA
Sounds like dumping syndrome from too much sugar.

Just an aside: I've done this a few times. You'd think I'd get it through my noggin.
I know I'm not supposed to eat the stuff. I also know better than to reward myself with food, too.
Do I sometimes forget? Oh yeah. Do I sometimes ignore my better judgement? Absolutely.
I just have to be mindful of that feeling when I reach for it in the future.

Sara R.
on 6/1/12 7:41 am
i think it was the ice cream. you do lose your appetite but not with nausea and such. I would try lots of water and thicker more bland proteins like chicken. I would feel that way after intense exercise and it was dehydration and lack of protein. so now i have to eat protein 30 mins before i exercise.

in addition, you should try rewarding yourself with non food type items. a cd, movie, mani or pedi or anything else thats cheap and not food. i personally have vowed to buy clothes or movie or cd every time i feel the need to eat as a reward or to deal with a situation.

Jackie F.
on 6/1/12 8:08 am - Pico Rivera, CA
VSG on 03/09/12
Thanks guys! Going forward I will do the following...

1. Eat dense protein after a work out.
2. Eat at least 30 min prior to working out.
3. Stay away from sugars
4. Treat myself to other things other then food.

Thanks again for all your input!
HW: 275 GW: 130

Mom78
on 6/1/12 8:19 am
VSG on 02/10/12
On a side note, I had to giggle on the "bubble guts", we call them the BG's too!  I worked for neurosurgeons and had them even calling it the BG's!

I used to have them all the time preop, haven't once yet! 
                   SW: 227              GW: 150            HT: 5'6"  

acbbrown
on 6/1/12 10:10 am - Granada Hills, CA
 I actually get bubble guts from running sometimes if I push hard...I definitely lose my appetite after
A tough workout. May or may not be related to sugar. 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

(deactivated member)
on 6/1/12 11:36 am
I do not like bubble guts! I wish I had known about it sooner. Kind of freaked me out the first several times I had it. Thought I was hungry. Finally realized it was something else because when I sat with this "hunger" I realized I wasn't really hungry. I get BGs a lot lately. Haven't figured out what the cause is, but have added some crystal light to my water and that, believe it or not, seems to be helping.
Like Alison, I get it most strongly after a hard workout.
loverofcats
on 6/1/12 12:06 pm
BG's may be acid production. Your sleeve was revolting.

I didn't even try ice cream until I was almost one year out, and that was low fat, no added sugar. It didn't sit well  with me. I don't know, if it is the thickness, coldness, or something else, but I stay away from ice cream. Luckily, it was never a favorite of mine.
     "          
 LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 267 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 328 views