The easy way out!!!!!! (warning)

StrawWalker
on 6/11/12 2:57 pm
So, my sister says to me, "When people hear you had vsg, they say you took the easy way out.". The easy way out!!!!! The easy way out!!!! I'll ****** tell her/ them what the easy way out is......

The easy way out is NOT having 85% of your stomach cut out of your body. The easy way out is NOT having your food, nutrition, calories so reduced to the point that you are sipping 1oz of water every half hour just to ******g survive!

The easy way out is to bury your head in the ******g sand and NOT have to face your demons/issues through intense therapy and daily considerations!

The easy way out is to NOT have to write down every little ****** bite you take or liquid you sip!

The easy way out is to NOT have to go through the surgical trauma of another life threatening operation with possibilities of debilitating consequences!

The easy way out is to NOT have to bow down and kiss the medical systems ass while you pray you make it through their condescending hoops in order to wager a high stakes bet playing Russian roulette with your life.

EASY WAY OUT????? I DON'T ****** THINK SO!!!!

Sorry for the rant but I was compelled to vent on behalf of all of us who have gone through the process only to still yet be subjected to discrimination, being called weak when we truly are the strong ones as it is so much easier to do nothing.
Take care
StrawWalker

Start 290, Current 180, Goal 150
MHarmon77
on 6/11/12 3:10 pm - TX
Bravo!!!!!
HW: 346 /  SW: 318  /  CW: 265

Tracasa
on 6/11/12 3:14 pm
Couldn't have said it better!

moonglo82
on 6/11/12 3:15 pm
VSG on 03/29/12
Well said.

The problem is that people who haven't considered this option (whether they need it or not) don't fully understand what happens here. They think that just because we don't have all of our stomachs any more, that not eating becomes easier. And in all fairness, it does become easier to eat less. But that's where the easy part ends.

We do still have to make good choices.
We do still have to exercise.
We do still have to take care of our bodies.

And that's the part that people just don't understand.

Khess posted a thread earlier tonight called "You Cheated" or something to that effect. It was the same kind of topic... you should go read it lol.

Highest weight: 277 Starting Weight: 250  Surgery Weight: 241  Current Weight: 130

Goal Reached in 10.5 months :)

SassyItalian
on 6/11/12 10:29 pm, edited 6/11/12 10:41 pm - Basseterre, St. Kitts and Nevis
SO flipping true. i should print it out and carry it around.

I have had a few people lately say, "oh, you had surgery to look like that/lose weight".. a complete dismissal of any amount of work i have put into being healthy and changing my life.

yea I had surgery. I ALSO workout 5-6 days a week, climb volcanos, swim, paddleboard, run, lift weights, box, strength train, etc while everyone else at school is stuffing themselves with dominoes pizza and lounging around.

i/we work for this. hard

Another misconception- weight lost surgery gives you tone, strength, and muscles. Yea..surgery helped me lose weight, but this body, I have fricking earned that **** in the gym, through hard work and sweat.

HW: 258lbs  SW: 240   CW: 140  I am 5 foot 7 and 30 years old               
                 VSG 12/21/10  Plastics: Tummy tuck, breast lift, and augmentation 11/3/11
                                             Soon to be veterinarian!! xoxo

angiagee
on 6/11/12 10:40 pm
VSG on 09/11/12
I cant stop clapping!!!!! well said!!!! and this is the toughest decision i have ever made.. and I am scared to death to go through with it.. but I NEED THE HELP!!!!!!! I know its not going to be easy and I know that I am going to have to work my azz off to get where i need to be.. but its so going to be worth it in the end.. I am printing this off and carrying it with me... because every statement you just said is so true and I need the encouragement when people say that too me!!! :)
thank you for posting! 
StrawWalker
on 6/12/12 1:20 am
You go SassyItalian! I have vicariously watched you work your ass off to get the beautiful body you now have. I have been amazed by your dedication.

Take care
StrawWalker

sutherngrl94
on 6/11/12 10:41 pm - Raleigh, NC
AMEN SISTER!!!!!  

Carmelita
on 6/11/12 10:45 pm - Four Corners, NM
StrawWalker
on 6/12/12 12:55 am
My God Carmelita, once again you have me speechless! I love your post. True words of wisdom spoken by someone who has walked the road. You are such a wise and wonderful woman. Personally, I am proud to have you in my life on this board during this leg of my 'journey'.

Thank you everyone for your appreciation of my post.

Take care.
StrawWalker

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 63 views