SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME

lovelybones11
on 6/12/12 9:40 am
I am down 99 and seems like I cannot get to that 100. Now my eating has picked up greatly. I feel like I need another surgery. My date is Dec 19th. I am constantly eating watermelon and M&Ms. I feel hungry all day every day. I started at 363 and am now 264. Someone please help. Tell me what I need to do. I do not want my weight to go back up. I need help getting control over my eating. I eat just about everything in site all day long. Seems like every hour, I feel so hungry. I don't think I ate like this prior to surgery and my hair has come out terribly. I have bald spots from ear to ear in the FRONT of my head. I am starting to get depressed about my eating and my hair. My closest family member (my sister) makes fun of my hair. I guess she just doesn't know it hurts my feelings. Someone, please advise me of what I can do to get away from all of this eating and getting my hair back.
TonjaTLC
on 6/12/12 9:49 am - Southlake, TX

Protein please....more protein....then more protein.  Sorry your going through this.  Are you taking your multis?

Surgery Date:  April 4, 2012 Offical Starting Weight: 304      
peeches35
on 6/12/12 9:53 am, edited 6/12/12 9:54 am
VSG on 04/03/12
first I will say stay away from the M&M if you get hungry eat a 1/2 of apple try to eat every 3 hours I have a lot of head hungry and if i get hungry i drink water, next are your staying away from carbs I stay away from rice bread pasta, now about the hair am only 2 months post up will be 3 months on July 3 already my side look thin am losing weight slow and am glad i don't want to lose all my hair but i do use Jamaican black Castro oil and my side are starting to look fuller it works... And do not wash your hair to of fen cause it can make your hair come out more am so sorry about what your sis is doing its not right but i pray that you feel better if you feel like talking am here take care god bless

SO INLOVE WITH MY SELF

Bf516
on 6/12/12 9:53 am
 Protein protein protein

Greg M.
on 6/12/12 9:57 am - Cincinnati, OH
Carbohydrates slide right through your sleeve and trigger the release of insulin.  That in turn makes you crave carbs even more.  Watermelon and M&Ms are simple sugar that instantly goes into your bloodstream.  You must eat solid protein when you're hungry and stay away from the sugar and carbs.  Protein first and they complex carbs...NOT SUGAR! 

If you do this for a week, your sugar cravings will calm down.  Eat good protein, stuff you like.  Spend some money on good fillets of beef and fish.  Eat your protein first...that physically fills your pouch.  Don't drink with your meal.

Eat 5 small meal per day and don't let yourself get so hungry.  Good luck to you, wishing you success.

Lapband 12/11/08 - Slip 6/16/09 - 2nd Slip & Removal 8/3/09...Sleeve 12/22/11

Tracasa
on 6/12/12 10:00 am
Slow down first! Are you eating crap or are you following a plan? You mention carbs but no protein drinks or protein meals. Get in control first with your emotions then sit down and write out what you have or have not been eating. Now concerning your hair this does happen it also happened to me you might be lacking vitamins which from what your saying you probably aren't taking any. Lack of control is tough and some of us have the same issues. Stop the excuses and get back on track. Who cares how long it takes this isn't a race! Find a meeting or call your Surgeons office and talk to someone. Ignore the comments from your family this is your life and health.

lucy2e
on 6/12/12 10:03 am - Laurel, MD
Take a deep breath!

1. Make sure you are eating dense low fat protein.  It will fill you up and stick with you longer.
2. Drink, drink, drink, drink water (or calorie free beverages) constantly between your meals.  
3. Make sure you are taking a PPI (like prevacid).  Acid can mimic hunger.
4. See a therapist to discuss any emotional eating and your depression.

Tell your sister to shut up, that when she teases about your hair it gets to you and you do't need that right now.  She isn't a mind reader - so you have to tell her.  Don't suffer in silence! 

If you get your protein up where it should be, your hair will get back to normal.

You put yourself through this surgery - you did all the preop stuff, you have the strength to do this.  You can do this, you can make the changes that will change your life! 

Lucy  (Imma Loser!)
  LilySlim Weight loss tickers                  
HW 335 SW 311 CW 181.2 -- Goals:  Twoderville - 6/7/11, 280 - 7/1/11, 260 - 8/1/11, 240 - 10/30/11 Centry Club - 11/22/11, 220 - 12/27/11 Onederland - 5/25/12, 180 - , 170 (surgeons goal) -  
We shall see where this leads...  

Bufflehead
on 6/12/12 10:17 am - TN
VSG on 06/19/13
Tell your sister how much she is hurting you. Then tell her that if she keeps it up you are going to cut her out of your life, at least temporarily. Follow through if needed. You don't need toxic people in your life right now.
I can't speak to the eating as I haven't even had surgery yet! But I have pretty severe hair loss myself. I know it can make you feel completely self-conscious and awful. Find a good hairdresser to help you with a cut to disguise it as much as possible. Look into products like Dermmatch and Nanogen to help conceal the hair loss. They really can help in most cases, and can make you feel so much better.
SassyItalian
on 6/12/12 10:16 am - Basseterre, St. Kitts and Nevis
You need to take a multi-step approach to this if you are going to get a handle on things.

1. Go to a therapist. ASAP. Preferably one that specializes in eating disorders/food addiction. You MUST have a support system. It is imperitve. See if there is an Overeaters Anonymous group meeting near you, which I am sure there is. Seriously, you need the support.

2. Contact your nutritionist, speak with her about your food habits. Be HONEST no matter how embarassing it is. She can help you set up an eating schedule and healthy PROTEIN based meals.

3. Tell your sister to Shut the F*ck Up. Or tell her I said it. Either way. She is not helping the situation. Hair grows back, IF you get your nutrients in, which you arent, if you are eating watermelon and mandms all day. 

IM DOING THIS IN CAPS BECAUSE ITS WARRANTED. YOU.MUST.EAT.PROTEIN.MOSTLY/ONLY. YOU EATING WATERMELON AND SUGAR IS MAKING YOU HUNGRIER FOR MORE SUGAR. ITS NOT OK RIGHT NOW.

Relook at your eating plan and THROW AWAY anything in the house that isnt on it. Anything with sugar needs to go in the trash because its clearly your gateway drug. 

YOU RISKED YOUR LIFE TO CHANGE YOUR LIFE FOR THE BETTER, IF YOU DONT FOLLOW PLAN YOU ARE WASTING YOUR OPPORTUNITY. YOU CAN STILL GET A HANDLE ON THINGS. IT IS NOT TOO LATE. 

HW: 258lbs  SW: 240   CW: 140  I am 5 foot 7 and 30 years old               
                 VSG 12/21/10  Plastics: Tummy tuck, breast lift, and augmentation 11/3/11
                                             Soon to be veterinarian!! xoxo

Sandy76
on 6/12/12 11:44 am - OK
VSG on 05/29/12
 For real M&M and watermelon and your asking how to help come on. Protein go back to core diet! 
Sandy

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 167 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 442 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 464 views