1 year surgiversary!!!!!

EmpoweringMe331
on 6/14/12 8:06 pm - MD
Hello Everyone!
Yesterday I reached my 1 year mark and I am so proud of all that I accomplished in this year. I lost a total of 137 pounds.I felt like my lost was pretty much consistent each month. My weightloss started slowing down around 9 months.  I am so grateful because I was able to reach my weight goal of 175. There is no greater feeling then to look at yourself in the mirror and really love what you see.

With the weight loss, I have learned to fall in love with running. If you were to tell me a year a go that I would be considered a runner, I would have fallen in the floor laughing.  In October, a group of my friends completed a half marathon and this truly inspired me. I started walking/jogging on the treadmill in October and then started increasing my time. In February when the weather started to get a little better outside, I decided to try the pavement. At first, running outside was really challenging but then I realized that I would rather run outside than inside because I loved the fresh air and scenary during my runs. My goal was to complete at least 1 5k and I completed my first 5k in April. It took me 32:33 to complete my first race.  Yeah me! I have completed a total of 3 races so far with my next race scheduled on 6/24. I am now able to run 5 miles at once...... so happy and blessed!

One of the reasons, why I decided to get VSG is to be able to lose the weight to enjoy my daughter. I have so much more energy now. I have always been a pretty active mother but I would feel tired all of the time. Now, after work I have more energy to go with her on bike rides, to the playground, and to the library. Before, I would always plan these types of events on the weekends only because I would be so tired during the week.

I have always been confident and felt beautiful in my skin but now~ I feel so amazing! I love wearing sexy dresses/outfits for my man and trust me..... he loves it too. :-) I feel like my weight loss has helped rekindle our relationship. :-)

Having VSG surgery has been the best decision of my life. I am trying hard now to work on a plan to maintain my weight. The other day, I happened to read the forum of people who had the weightloss surgery to now start to gain the weight back. I cannot lie, reading this really made me scared because to think about losing everything that I just gained would tear me apart. I am trying to think only happy thoughts and make sure that I continue to log all of my food. I know that I would want to treat myself every now and then but it can't be a treat every single day.

I have to get ready for work but I really wanted to share my story with all of you. If you are hitting a plateau or feel discouraged, don't give up. You can do this. Stick to your food plan and make sure that you are adding exercise in some kind of form daily.  We have all received a special tool to help us regain our lives... let's make the best out of it.

I love this site, and I love all of you!

Sleeva
on 6/14/12 8:25 pm - GA
VSG on 07/19/12
Congratulations!.. Thanks for sharing and wishing you continued success!
   ROMANS 12:1 
   I beseech you therefore brethern, by the mercies of God,that you present your bodies a  living sacrifice,holy and acceptable to God which is your reasonable service.

abrown8434
on 6/14/12 8:50 pm - VA
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

HW: 550+     SW: 502      CW: 342.4  SDt: 9/20/11

"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."--
Philippians 4:13, KJV

Kevin H.
on 6/14/12 9:46 pm - Baltimore, MD
VSG on 02/06/12
 Congrats!

full-of-hopen
on 6/14/12 10:08 pm
Congratulations!! I hope to run someday too!!! thanks for the inspiration

HW: 248 Consult Wt: 245 Surgery WT: 225 (VSG 7-25-12) Goal Wt: 135  (5-15-13)               Current Wt: 125

M 1: 18   M 2: 13  M3:  9  M4: 10  M5: 8  M6: 8  M7: 8  M8: 6  M9: 6  M10:  6  M11:  3  M12: 2 M13:  2  M14:  1

SkinnyNikki7
on 6/14/12 10:39 pm - Vineland, NJ
VSG on 08/13/12
Congratulations!! And Good Luck on your upcoming 5K!! You have a lot to be proud of!!

Height = 5'2 Age = 37 Surgery Date = August 13, 2012 HW = 231lbs LW = 131lbs

Regain SW = 209.6 CW = 191.2 Goal Weight = 157.6 lbs

The only way you will see results is if you stay consistent!

loverofcats
on 6/14/12 11:36 pm
Come over to the VSG Maintenance Forum. Maintenance is a continuation of the lifestyle changes that helped you to lose the weight. You can add some healthy fats and healthy foods to increase your calories and to stop the weight loss. It is a journey.

gail
     "          
 LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat

kaniac
on 6/14/12 11:58 pm - TX
VSG on 06/12/12

HW: 270 SW: 234 CW: 168 GW: 150 

(deactivated member)
on 6/15/12 12:11 am
VSG on 06/04/12
That is so awesome. A very inspiring post for someone like me who just had the surgery done. I'm looking forward to all of the wonderful benefits you described.
barbarina
on 6/15/12 2:10 am - CT

Thanks...you are a special kind of lady.

HW: 307; SW: 286; CW: 236; GW: 160 (and any extras... I'll take it. LOL)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 178 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 451 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 475 views