Weight Loss Amounts

DawnNaples
on 6/29/12 2:57 am
Hello Everyone,

I am almost 7 weeks post op and am down 32 lbs.  I feel that it should be more.  

I finally got the hang of slowing down/small bites as to not make my new pouch upset once I was off the liquid stage.  At first, it was really a struggle but things have gotten better. I feel wonderful and am so thankful for this wonderful gift.  I just want to use it to it's full advantage.  And not screw it up.  

Possibly, any feedback on anyone's daily meal plan so that I can be sure that I am on track.  I don't measure or weigh anything, I just use my pouch as a guide.  Maybe that it isn't such a great idea.

Thanks everyone..

Desari63
on 6/29/12 3:25 am - Hickory Creek, TX
VSG on 02/29/12
I'm 4mos PO today and I have lost 65lbs. I too don't weigh or measure my meals. My pouch is normally enough to let me know enough is enough and I read all labels on the packages so that helps alot.

32lbs at 7wks is a great start..Keep up the good work and you'll be fine. Are you walking or doing any small exercising? That helps too... 

Barbara McKeown

Shagdoll
on 6/29/12 3:27 am
I would definitely start weighing/measuring your food; it's just good practice to start now. Geez, I don't remember how much I was eating at 7 weeks but I was still mainly on soft foods even though I was adding more of a variety to my diet. I think maybe I was at 2 ounces of protein? Ask your NUT what they suggest.
32 pounds in 7 weeks is great. We started off about the same starting weight & I lost about the same. No worries gurl, the weight will come off as long as you stick to plan.
Good luck!

Jenn  

WWBD?  

Crissy327
on 6/29/12 4:20 am - NC

My biggest advice is to be sure you get all your protein in each day. I have always used shakes to make my goal of at least 70 grams/day.

When I was just a month post-op and losing weight like crazy, I started nursing school. I thought because I was not eating hardly anything and school was so crazy, I would just skip the shakes until I got settled in at school. Big mistake! Evenjust  four weeks out, I stopped losing anything! I didn't worry about protein at all for 2 weeks. I didn't lose a pound for two weeks! I quickly learned the importance of my protein quota.

Every sense then, I make sure every single day to get in 70 grams. For me the easiest way to do that is shakes. I don't count anything except scoops. I know I need 3 scoops a day. That's it. It's a simple way to be sure I get at least 70 grams each day.

Now that I am near my goal, I don'****ch things like I used to, but I am still losing anyway. Even before that though, I never counted or measured anything except my protein. I tried to avoid carbs as much as possible and get my 3 scoops in. I was fairly strict on avoiding carbs but I never counted them or calories.

I hope this helps. I am a year out on Sunday and for me that was the most important lesson I have learned. It was a hard lesson too. I wish I could have that extra 8 pounds off now that I would have if I had just stayed the course then. It will take me way longer to lose it now than it would have then. For me, it was so much easier losing during the first 6 months, so if I had it tod over again, I would rock them hard. Oh well, live and learn. I am very happy with my weight and am thrilled with my results. 

Good luck and I know it will work if you get your protein in each day and try to avoid as many carbs as you can tolerate. You can do this trust me. If I can, anyone can. He He.

On my way!!!!!!

Crissy    
DawnNaples
on 6/29/12 5:03 am
Thank you so much for the words of advice.  I definitely plan on using them.  And CONGRATULATIONS on your SUCCESS!!!!  You should be so proud of yourself.......

Truly,
Dawn
DawnNaples
on 6/29/12 5:01 am
Thank you all for the great words of advice!!  Much appreciated, I will definitely use them.  I am walking on my lunch hour and began yoga twice a week.  Never done it before but it is enjoyable. 

And, thank you for the Congrats on the weight loss.  I definitely feel that I'm losing especially in my clothes just not the scale (as fast as I want). 

Plan on implementing the tips and be on the loser's bench.

Have a wonderful weekend.

louisamay
on 6/29/12 5:03 am
VSG on 04/27/12
Everyone's weight loss is different, and you have good weight loss, so don't compare yourself to those who may have lost more.

On the other hand, I do recommend weighing and measuring.  Get a free account on myfitnesspal.com and start logging your food.  It really does make a difference, and making sure you have enough protein without too many calories is key.

Congrats!  You're on your way down!

[I'm not gaining weight. I keep lowering my goal!] [I LOVE MY SLEEVE!]

rhearob
on 6/29/12 5:09 am - TN
 You can see my umbers in my signature block.  Also, my food diary is open to you on MFP.  I am also starting to post recipes on my blog.  

My best advice:

1.  Log every bite that goes in your mouth, big or small.  CAlories add up too quickly to not.  Use a scale to get accurate amounts consumed.  Don't plate more than you can eat.
2.  Try to plan your meals before hand, then execute thatplan.
3.  eat on a regular schedule.  If you are too far out snack on a protein rich item like a cheese stick to tide you over.
4.  Protein, Protein, Protein.  Think of every calorie you eat as a dollar with which you have to buy every g of protein you can.  You need at leats 20g of protein per meal.  Don't even consider eating something else until all of your protein is in.
5.  Water - get as much as you can.  Water fuels all of the processes you need to lose weight.  64 ounces is a minimum not a goal.
6.  Did I mention logging?  Read it again.
7.  Work on your mental issues.   Use the honeytmoon to get healthy with food.

VSG: 11/2/2011; LBL+Thigh Lift+BL: 10/3/2012; Brach+Mastopexy:  7/22/2013

Barbara W.
on 6/29/12 6:32 am, edited 6/28/12 6:33 pm - Upland, CA
VSG on 05/23/12
You are down 32 lbs at 7 weeks out, aweome! I am 5 weeks out and only lost
13 lbs. Talk about disappointment. I am a failure. I followed everything to the
letter; menus; liquids, exercise and was rewarded with a 13 lb loss in 5 weeks.
Talk about feeling letdown. It just proves this does not work for everyone, even
when you do everything you are told to do. There are a lot of people with the
same height and surgery weight as I am and they all are doing better than I
have. This is no gift to me, it is a curse.

Erica A.
on 6/29/12 10:26 am - KY
 This surgery is so different for every person that has it. What may work great for one person may make another person super sick to try. Best advice I can say is listen to your body and learn your full signals(These also will change on you too). I personally quit stressing and freaking out about what and how much I was eating and the weight just started falling off ( I know GASP WTH is this girl doing she so is against the grain and blah blah blah ). At first I was logging everything and just felt like eating was a chore and instead of enjoying my little accomplishments I was flipping out cause I missed this many proteins or that many calories. Just enjoy your new life and ROCK that sleeve!

Goal 60% by 6 mths (143lbs) reached at 5.5mths

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 65 views