Think I've gotten my first cold/stomach thing

Feystorm
on 7/30/12 10:35 am - CA
VSG on 03/14/12
 Left my internship as I was feeling a rumbly in my guts.  I came home thinking if I ate some solid food it would feel better.  Now I feel even worse.  I am also freezing to death it feels like.  I have the AC set to 80* - and I am someone usually only comfy at 75 or lower.  My husband is finally not freezing - and I am lol.  He's heading to the store for me.  The food I ate for my lunch has given me diarrhea, so I am going to be pushing fluids.  I don't know what is wrong, I haven't been sick stomach wise in a long time. But the nausea is bad, and I am too afraid to move far from the bathroom.  

Has anyone else gotten stomach ills after VSG?  How did you treat it?  I have anti-diarrhea meds, but afraid to take anything right now.  I have already napped, but really thinking about taking a second.  
Sorry about the whine, but if anyone has been through something similar, let me know what worked for you. 

HW:242 Start of Preop Diet:  217  SW:200 CW:116.8 GW: 115;  SOCAL MEETUPS GROUP!:  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/socalhallo2012/    

ValentineCharmer
on 7/30/12 11:12 am - TX
 I have a friend who had the RNY surgery.  But she was saying if she feels like she can't get in the necessary fluids that's she takes pedialite.  Maybe this is an option for you since if you've got the stomach bug you may easily become dehydrated.  Just an idea.

HW314 / SW292 / CW196.6 / GW175

jessicae
on 7/30/12 11:48 am
 at about 3 months out i came home from work one day and had horrible stomach pains and spent a few hours in the bathroom (went about 8 times in 2 hours).  felt dehydrated so downed a lot of gatorade.  still was getting sick and felt worse so hubby took me to ER and i threw up twice on the way there.  was scared out of my mind.  ER docs said it was gastroenteritis, but my surgeon (didn't go to his hospital since its' too far away) said it was gall bladder.  i did a ct scan and ultrasound and yep, had stones.  

just keep an eye on it and let your dr. know.  

Jessica              Surgery Date 9/29/11 Dr. Ian Soriano Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia, PA          HW: 287 / Pre-Op: 280 / SW: 263.4 / CW: 161.6 GW: 145

loverofcats
on 7/30/12 12:12 pm
Are you running a temperature? Did you eat your own food or did you eat out? Was it fatty? Continue to push fluids. Diluted gatorade or Pedialyte would be helpful to prevent dehydration. Call you doctor. You may just have a nasty bug.

I hope you feel better soon!!! Rest is a good thing.

Gail 
     "          
 LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat

Shagdoll
on 7/30/12 12:13 pm
Hey Angi, I just wanted to say I hope you feel better my friend!!!! Hugs!!!

Jenn  

WWBD?  

Feystorm
on 7/30/12 12:23 pm - CA
VSG on 03/14/12
 Thanks guys.  

I only had eaten my own salmon scramble that I made and my normal mint mocha ice coffee.  I didn't feel well before leaving for my internship, but once I got there, I knew I was sick. I ate my chicken soup for lunch, nothing really fatty or carby. I have taken a second nap - but I am not running a fever.  My hubby got me some G2 sf stuff that I am trying to get down (I never liked the stuff) and I am pushing my water. I am going to keep an eye on things.  I hope I feel better, I am still in the bathroom often.  

HW:242 Start of Preop Diet:  217  SW:200 CW:116.8 GW: 115;  SOCAL MEETUPS GROUP!:  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/socalhallo2012/    

acbbrown
on 7/30/12 12:45 pm - Granada Hills, CA
 Awwww sorry you arent feeling good! Just get some rest and fluids and hopefully that will do the trick. 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

(deactivated member)
on 7/30/12 2:00 pm
Get well soon and keep us posted.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 77 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 287 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op